PDA

View Full Version : Old aircraft for new aviation museum

marianmadalin32
10th Jan 2021, 00:05
I am the leader of a new project called Bucharest Aerospace Museum. Search for it on Google to find out more about it. For the opening of this aviation museum, I am looking for sponsors or donors which can provide items, like old aircraft for static display or can help in any other way (financial, logistic) etc. Thank you.

Quemerford
10th Jan 2021, 06:33
Mmm. Not a great pitch. Maybe if you are looking for donors, you could go a bit further in explaining your aims than, "Google it".

Just a suggestion.

Jhieminga
10th Jan 2021, 07:05
I remember this same pitch from almost a year ago, on several different forums.

CessNah
10th Jan 2021, 07:19
Come back post Summer 2021, I'm sure there will be plenty of European carriers who would be more than willing to offer you an abundance of aircraft before the repo man gets their hands on them :}

marianmadalin32
10th Jan 2021, 10:05
Come back post Summer 2021, I'm sure there will be plenty of European carriers who would be more than willing to offer you an abundance of aircraft before the repo man gets their hands on them :}

Exactly. It's still on. An aviation museum takes a couple of years to establish.

I'm not sure I will get my "hands on" something. Usually they are scrapped because museums can't afford to restore or maintain them. And usually they go back to the creditors, to recover their debt by the airlines.

Nuuumannn
2nd Feb 2021, 04:28
I am the leader of a new project called Bucharest Aerospace Museum. Search for it on Google to find out more about it. For the opening of this aviation museum, I am looking for sponsors or donors which can provide items, like old aircraft for static display or can help in any other way (financial, logistic) etc. Thank you.

Well, looks like you have a lot on your plate. Do you have a plan as to what you are going to theme your museum around? General aviation? Light aircraft? Anything aviation related? Sounds like you need a plan. Establish a Collections Policy and work within what you stipulate, otherwise your museum just becomes a collection of bits in a hangar with little theme or relevance. Have you got any museum industry background? It helps when interpreting objects and anticipating your collection's future needs.

marianmadalin32
20th Aug 2021, 15:00
My project is called Bucharest Aerospace Museum . Does anyone want to help with a donation/sponsorship of an old aircraft/airframe/project/salvage/broken/damaged/incomplete /scrapped ????

My project appeared in the famous AVBuyer Europe magazine, June edition, page 6.

marianmadalin32
13th Apr 2022, 09:14
Planning to build a replica of a warbird in Bucharest, Romania, SE Europe. I already have some parts cut on the CNC from some local sponsors. Looking for volunteers to help me assemble these parts. Not in particular from my country, but some who are willing to travel from neighbour countries like Serbia, Bulgaria, Hungary, Ukraine etc… And other countries as well. Many thanks!

DHfan
13th Apr 2022, 12:47
I'm really not sure whether these/this post is wishful thinking, rose-tinted glasses, borderline spam or a combination of the three...

Less Hair
13th Apr 2022, 13:03
Are there any Rombac 1-11 left in airworthy condition elsewhere?
You could ask Elbe Flugzeugwerke for possible pictures of Dresden made Romanian Il-14P?

marianmadalin32
7th Aug 2022, 18:58
Already started to build a Jurca Mustang Replica. Looking for a volunteer who can draw for free for me parts from PDF files in DWG/DXF in order to continue to cut them on the CNC and assemble them. Many thanks. I had many sponsors who helped for free during this project. If you wish to join, let me know.