PDA

View Full Version : Easa Approved AME

MalteseJambo
6th Jan 2021, 11:32
Hi guys,

Long story short, I think I may need to find an EASA Approved AME - but was looking for some help and advice as well.

My situation - I have just been made redundant by the airlines, and I'm in the process of SOLI'ing over my License to Malta from the UK.

My medical revalidation has been booked but I've just discovered that my AME is not EASA Approved now (as from 1st of January!) and the problem is the Maltese Authorities told me that my medical would need to be conducted by an EASA AME to make it valid for my EASA License.

I am now a bit confused to say the least...If I do my medical with an Non EASA AME, that will obviously keep my existing (and I will look to keep hold of) UK license, but will I then need to do yet another medical with an EASA AME for my Maltese License?

Any help on the matter would be appreciated.

Dave Gittins
6th Jan 2021, 11:41
Look up Centreline Aviation Medical Services on the web. They've just emailed me to say they can do all initial and revalidation EASA and CAA Medicals.

Capt Scribble
6th Jan 2021, 21:40
This team based at Gloucester Airport may be able to help. Gloster Aviation Medicals.

Arrow Flyer
7th Jan 2021, 12:27
Try Aero Medical Consulting (Birmingham/Luton) also

Above The Clouds
6th Feb 2021, 20:38
Is there any update when UK AME's will be able to conduct EASA medicals again ?

deltahotel
6th Feb 2021, 20:59
I guess when any who want to have jumped through all the EASA hoops and paid all the money.

deltahotel
6th Feb 2021, 20:59
I’ve just done mine at Centreline. Very efficient.

Arrow Flyer
7th Feb 2021, 07:22
I did mine with Peter Orton at Stansted. Everything worked just fine, he's got a Transport Malta authority.

redsnail
7th Feb 2021, 20:04
Dr Des O'Flynn at Elstree and Luton has Maltese EASA accreditation.

Above The Clouds
9th Feb 2021, 00:08
Thanks everyone for the heads up.