PDA

View Full Version : LOL, more GT insanity and QF sucking up

MelbourneFlyer
5th Jan 2021, 10:10
GT's AirlineRatings.com has declared Qantas as the world's safest airline for 2021. Yes, only five days into 2021 and with 360 days to go, Qantas is already the safest airline of 2021.

Isn't Air New Zealand usually safest? Maybe now that Chris Luxon has gone, NZ's new CEO refused to give GT all those free trips. At least Qantas can renew GT's Chairman's Lounge membership.

https://www.airlineratings.com/news/worlds-safest-airlines-qantas-tops-safest-airline-2021/

TBM-Legend
5th Jan 2021, 11:02
GT's AirlineRatings.com has declared Qantas as the world's safest airline for 2021. Yes, only five days into 2021 and with 3560 days to go, Qantas is already the safest airline of 2021.

Isn't Air New Zealand usually safest? Maybe now that Chris Luxon has gone, NZ's new CEO refused to give GT all those free trips. At least Qantas can renew GT's Chairman's Lounge membership.

https://www.airlineratings.com/news/worlds-safest-airlines-qantas-tops-safest-airline-2021/

Things must be real slow in Melbourne with Corona Virus as it will take 3560 days to complete 2021. Talk about taking daylight saving to extreme too.

altocu
5th Jan 2021, 12:53
To be fair, given we're not flying anywhere - we probably are the safest airline in the world right now!

Australia2
5th Jan 2021, 17:43
Too funny altocu

Mach E Avelli
5th Jan 2021, 23:34
The criteria GT claims to use in making such profound judgements only looks back 10 years for fatalities, incidents and audits. Then he gives his crystal ball a polish (or something a polish...).
If he cared to look forward to 2021 he should be thinking about the mental and physical state of an airline’s staff, particularly pilots. Just by reading comments in the ME forums, surely he would have some concerns about Qatar remaining #2 in the world, given reports about mass sackings of experienced expats, rife uncertainty for those hanging on and rapid promotion of those lesser experienced to positions that may well be one level beyond their competence.
​​​​​​.

gordonfvckingramsay
6th Jan 2021, 00:31
So you’re telling us that he doesn’t include, culture, operational policy, cost cutting, outsourcing, spreadsheet gazing, etc in his criteria. Well I never.......

maggot
6th Jan 2021, 01:58
How many more aliases can we get in this thread?
:rolleyes:

tail wheel
6th Jan 2021, 20:01
How many more aliases can we get in this thread?

According to IP addresses, none so far. Are you expecting a few users will be chatting to themselves? :}

SIUYA
7th Jan 2021, 03:46
According to IATA, Airline Safety Ratings are inherently flawed....

https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/622x822/iata_2099d0fbd5f02adbe99569b6601d9e17c4ea7630.png
I wonder if GT is aware of IATA's views on the matter? :8

Street garbage
7th Jan 2021, 04:08
So you’re telling us that he doesn’t include, culture, operational policy, cost cutting, outsourcing, spreadsheet gazing, etc in his criteria. Well I never.......
...mate, you forget "Next Step", basket weaving, cuddly pet photos..

mrdeux
8th Jan 2021, 20:00
...mate, you forget "Next Step", basket weaving, cuddly pet photos..

At least that next step gibberish was actually stopped before everyone had to go through it. I gather they considered the aircrew to be a bit hostile.

Keg
8th Jan 2021, 21:50
There was about 10 minutes worth of content in the Next Step that was even vaguely useful. It was delivered via a video so not actual requirement to be in the room for it.

After one of the initial videos introducing the bloke from the USA and the success at the bank that introduced the strategies one of our guys piped up and asked ‘didn’t that bank go bust because the executive were all crooked’? Apparently the silence in the room afterward was something to behold. Just wish I could remember the name of the spruiker and the bank!

MelbourneFlyer
9th Jan 2021, 07:43
Pardon my ignorance but what was 'Next Step'?

itsnotthatbloodyhard
9th Jan 2021, 08:49

Ignorance of the ‘Next Step’ is a desirable state, which you shouldn’t seek to alter.

It was a day of my life which I shall never get back, although at least by that stage we didn’t have to hold the Golden Thread. Don’t even ask.

Jetsbest
9th Jan 2021, 10:31
.... was that before or after the Sacred Scroll? :yuk::hmm::rolleyes:

Mafortion
9th Jan 2021, 21:55
Ignorance of the ‘Next Step’ is a desirable state, which you shouldn’t seek to alter.

It was a day of my life which I shall never get back, although at least by that stage we didn’t have to hold the Golden Thread. Don’t even ask.

😂👌🏻
Seconded!

Seabreeze
19th Jan 2021, 06:35
There is a new contender for BS master, and that is the federal backbencher CK, now famous for being an expert on COVID.

We can expect a serious effort to see which of the two can spin the most BS in the shortest time.

Perhaps they are mates: both members of the QF chairman's lounge. Wow I am impressed.

Seabreeze
19th Jan 2021, 06:36
Actually they remind me of Laurel and Hardy, except they are not at all funny.

SB

Australopithecus
19th Jan 2021, 07:37
There was about 10 minutes worth of content in the Next Step that was even vaguely useful. It was delivered via a video so not actual requirement to be in the room for it.

After one of the initial videos introducing the bloke from the USA and the success at the bank that introduced the strategies one of our guys piped up and asked ‘didn’t that bank go bust because the executive were all crooked’? Apparently the silence in the room afterward was something to behold. Just wish I could remember the name of the spruiker and the bank!

I attended Next Step with a 747 skipper six days out from retirement. He gave them all a pretty spectacular serve ending with “I couldn’t hate you f&#$ckers more”. I wish I had filmed it, and their reaction. It was magnificent.

Pinky the pilot
19th Jan 2021, 08:08
and their reaction. It was magnificent.

What was their reaction? Wouldn't mind knowing.

Australopithecus
19th Jan 2021, 09:15
The reaction wasn’t all that magnificent, but the skipper sharing his mental model sure was. I believe they gave him the day's credit and allowed him to leave. It set the tone for the day though, and there was much snickering and talking in class for the rest of the day. They never regained control. It was actually one of the most entertaining ways of making 5 1/2 hrs ever. I don’t recall any of the course content.

blow.n.gasket
19th Jan 2021, 11:22
I was told one pilot arrived to this course and proceeded to stack a small mountain of Kool-Aide sachets on the table in front of him with a large yellow book placed strategically in front , titled “Don’t let your children drink the Kool-Aide “.

wombat watcher
20th Jan 2021, 02:31
As amusing as the 2 anecdotes are, it would only serve to prove to those presenting the courses what they already thought, what a bunch of arrogant ar**holes pilots really are.
Much to the disadvantage of the greater majority of pilots who don’t see the need to be so demonstrative.

ruprecht
20th Jan 2021, 02:48
I had my Next Step course moved 3 times before it was cancelled.

It’s a shame, I could do with the 5.5 hours right about now.

Pinky the pilot
20th Jan 2021, 08:22

From this and other posts I gather that it had something to do with 'Inclusiveness' and maybe 'diversity' and various other such lefty touchy feely stuff, yes, no?:confused:

ScepticalOptomist
20th Jan 2021, 10:02
From this and other posts I gather that it had something to do with 'Inclusiveness' and maybe 'diversity' and various other such lefty touchy feely stuff, yes, no?:confused:

No, it was more about “teaching us” how wonderful management were at a time when we were being shafted.

Hence the negativity...