View Full Version : Anyone Have BA Aptitudes 16th July?

jonathang
26th Apr 2001, 02:07
Anyone Have BA Aptitudes on the 16th July?

If you do I would like to get in contact.

[email protected]

[This message has been edited by jonathang (edited 18 May 2001).]

jonathang
31st May 2001, 21:07
If you anyone does could they e-mail me on [email protected].

Would like to get in contact.

splonguk
31st May 2001, 21:11
when did you apply to BA, and when did you get the date for your tests?

I applied about a month and a bit ago and have heard nothing except - we have got your form.

jonathang
31st May 2001, 23:59
I applied the first or second week of April and heard back a week and a half after that.

I think I would have been given an earlier test date but I filled in the Holiday / Exam part of the form.

I have heard from other people it can take up to 2 months depends on the number of applicants.

glasgowannabe
1st Jun 2001, 18:18
I sent off application form on internet.
Have been asked to attend aptitudes on 23rd Aug, think delay is due to completion of exam/holiday section also.

spikyt
1st Jun 2001, 21:49
Hello all, first message on here.....am a little nervous....hehehehe!
Anyway, I applied about a week ago and have been invited for appitdue tests on August 30th. If anyone else has them this day email me, [email protected]
Also, does anyone know what sort of percentage go on to be accepted to the next stage or if its just a case of if you pass you go to the next stage. Again email me or post message!
Thanx

------------------
BA wannabe!

splonguk
1st Jun 2001, 23:30
ggggggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!

I apply a month ago and here nothing, and spikeyT applies a week ago and already has a date for his tests.

This tells me one of 3 things:

1) My application was so unimpressive that they are having to seriously consider it.
2) My letter got lost in the post
3)spikeyT hot sh*t that BA have to have him!

I'm hoping options 2) or 3)!!

SpikeyT - I see you are at Brunel - what you studying? I am at Imperial doing aeronautics! Yawn!!

spikyt
2nd Jun 2001, 00:44
don't be defetest mate!
believe me iam not **** hot! I have no flying experience at all, and limited background knowledge ( hence the array of textbooks scattered around my room now!) I am however very very good at talking bull**** and interpreting what people want from an answer. so far, touch wood, I haven't applied for a job and not got it, but I know this is going to be a lot tougher to get! my essay answers were good and had some of my mates pissing them selves with laughter as they knew what a load of complete bollox it was!
I have noticed that if you apply by mail it takes considerably longer to be processed! I applied via the website!
By the way I am studying multimedai tech and design at brunel in my first year and am bored ****less of it! As you can see from my choice of degree and experience I am not the usual applicant but am working my bollox off to get there as its all I want to do!

------------------
BA wannabe!

jonathang
2nd Jun 2001, 13:55
spikyt In theory everyone can move onto Final Board as the aptitudes are to a set standard. The marks are not scaled against other students.

spikyt
3rd Jun 2001, 02:33
JUST OUT OF CURIOSITY, HAS ANYONE TAKENT THE APPTITUDE TESTS WITH BA RECENTLY? HOW DIFFICULT WERE THEY BECAUSE LOOKING AT THE EXAMPLES THEY SEEM VERY STRAIGHTFOWARD.
ALSO DOES ANYONE KNOW ROUGHLY HOW LONG AFTER TAKING THEM YOU FIND OUT WHTHER YOU ARE SUCCESSFUL OR NOT?
ALSO, ONE LAST THING, WHAT STAGE IS NEXT, THE MEDICAL OR THE INTERVIEWS?
CHEERZ PEOPLE!

------------------
BA wannabe!

splonguk
3rd Jun 2001, 11:31
From what I've read on pprune, after the tests if you are successful, you will receive a medical questionnaire to be completed by your GP. They won't give you a date for the final board (interview day) until they have received this form and checked it over. If you are lucky enough to get through the interviews, it is off to Gatwic for your Class 1 medical. If that goes ok, it is off to flight school! Yipee!!

As for the tests, check out:

http://www.jon-english.co.uk/ba

some good links on here and general information.

(PS I got the letter yesterday asking me to phone them!!!! I will be phoning bang on 9am on Monday to book my date)

spikyt
3rd Jun 2001, 12:48
well done splonguk, if you have to phone them it is to get your date for the apptitude tests!
I phoned on wednesday and my date is the 30th August, quite possible we will be on the same day!
let me know what what date you get mate!

------------------
BA wannabe!

jonathang
3rd Jun 2001, 18:51
spikyt from what other Applicants have said the questions are not all that difficult its the fact you do it against a stop watch.

About 30 second a question.

spikyt
4th Jun 2001, 01:46
I am only really writting this to get it to the top of the list again. DOES ANYONE HAVE APPTITUDE TESTS ON AUGUST THE 30TH>??

oh by the way, anyone new to this like me, read the archives before posting questions that must be posted every week on here!
I have just found answers to almost all of my questions!
Don't think that means yur getting rid of me! I am sure I will think of some more people!

------------------
BA wannabe!

splonguk
4th Jun 2001, 11:51
SpikyT - I have aptitudes on 30th August. Just phoned them!! Yipee!! 3months to prepare for them - huh should be long enough!

Good luck in your uni exams if you have them soon, or hope they went ok if you've already finished them.

blueangel
4th Jun 2001, 13:25
Hi jonathang,

I think we missed as I have my tests on the 18th of June, uuuuhhhh soon to go. I am a little confused as I was told to join an interview first and then I phoned them up again to be sure but another executive said it is only the aptitude tests, well that is more likely anyway. It is just that they would have to fly me in for two times as I have to come from Dusseldorf.

But anyway I hope I will see ya there mate and if not loads of luck to you,

blueangel.

If you like to contact me: [email protected]

Girt_bar
4th Jun 2001, 14:35
I recently got through Airforce testing and interviews. Are the tests similar (for those who have done both)? I understand BA and the airforce have differing requirements of their applicants.

jonathang
4th Jun 2001, 18:35
Dear blueangel,

Did they tell you if they would pay for both trips and how much would they pay. I was thinking should I fly/drive/ or take the train down to Heathrow considering it cost £170 to fly Edinburgh to Heathrow with BA.

Would love to fly but that money could be spent on lessons.

JonathanG

Token Bird
4th Jun 2001, 18:52
Dear young people,

Don't read too much into how long it takes BA to process your application, as they are very disorganised and inconsistent between people for seemingly no good reason. For example, I didn't fill in the holiday/exam section and it still took 3 months to get an aptitude date.

After aptitudes, another chap on my aptitude day and I kept in touch. He sent his pre-med form back to BA several days AFTER me, but was contacted first and given a final board date a week BEFORE me. Very annoying. I am fabulously healthy so I doubt they needed time to consider my med form.

BTW, it was exactly 2 months between my aptitudes and my final board, which is quicker than some but slower than others,

TB

spikyt
4th Jun 2001, 21:59
SPLONGUK - is this yur first time round??
where are you coming from for the aptitude tests?
let me know mate, at least I mightslightly know one person!
email me if u like [email protected]
oh yeh by the way, I am in middle of doing uni exams just modular ones tho, end of first year, but if I get into BA am not going back to uni! cheers for asking tho!

------------------
BA wannabe!

splonguk
5th Jun 2001, 00:04
SpikyT - it sounds like we are in the same boat! Both at uni doing a course we dislike, and both not going to return if we get accepted by BA! However, with our aptitudes not until 30th August, and then at least a couple of months after that until final board, we won't know either way until about November!?!

So, I am also in the middle of exams, getting my head down, as much as I hate it, and trying to pass the year - reasonably well - so that I have something to fall back on, and something worthwhile to do until I get a final decision!!

Here's hoping - I heard about this scheme 7 years ago, and have always wanted to be a pilot. I don't know why I didn't apply last year after A-level results! Oh well, I'm doing it now so ..... (as you might have guessed yeah I am a first timer!)

I live in South Croydon (about 15 miles south of London) so I will probably be getting the train and tube to Cranebank. Although, I am working at LHR over the summer and will have free staff car parking, so depending where the car park I have access to is, I might drive.

Good luck with the exams, and I will email you in the near future (once my exams are finished no doubt)!!

spikyt
5th Jun 2001, 00:09
hey sponglog, exactly the same boat mate!
Afew people have said that it is sometimes worth phoning up and asking for an earlier date! They say sometimes there is a cancelation! would really love to know earlier save my parents paying my tuition fees for next year, will need that money if I get accepted!
I am just up the road from heathrow in Uxbridge so it is no problem for me to get there!
keep in touch mate!

------------------
BA wannabe!

jonathang
5th Jun 2001, 01:58
Just thought I would join the club.

I am at Edinburgh Univercity Studying Computer Science and I am in First Year.

Also hate it.

JonathanG

glasgowannabe
5th Jun 2001, 18:43
And an another.
I'm at Glasgow Uni studying Aeronautical Engineering. In 3rd year, haven't enjoyed it much either.Slogged on for three years applying for sponsorships whenever the rare opportunity comes up.

Has anyone got aptitude tests with BA on the 23rd of Aug, cos i'm getting a bit worried that I might have the date wrong from reading the other posts on this site.

P.S. I have been to the aptitude tests a couple of years back (unsuccesfull obviously). Likewise I found the content reasonably straight forward, just the time constraints that got me. I knew I had failed before I got the results. I received the results within a couple of weeks I think.

glasgowannabe
5th Jun 2001, 18:50
And an another.
I'm at Glasgow Uni studying Aeronautical Engineering. In 3rd year, haven't enjoyed it much either.Slogged on for three years applying for sponsorships whenever the rare opportunity comes up.

Has anyone got aptitude tests with BA on the 23rd of Aug, cos i'm getting a bit worried that I might have the date wrong from reading the other posts on this site.

P.S. I have been to the aptitude tests a couple of years back (unsuccesfull obviously). Likewise I found the content reasonably straight forward, just the time constraints that got me. I knew I had failed before I got the results. I received the results within a couple of weeks I think.

spikyt
5th Jun 2001, 22:11
This is a good thread! don't let it get to the bottom people! lets all get it back to the top! seriosuly does anyone else have aptitudes on 30th August with BA??

------------------
BA wannabe!

jonathang
5th Jun 2001, 22:12
glasgowannabe,

Have you completed a PPL. I was just wondering how much it cost you to do it in Scotland and where you did it if you have one?

Thanks

JonathanG

[This message has been edited by jonathang (edited 05 June 2001).]

Olympic260
5th Jun 2001, 23:12
"If you are lucky enough to get through the interviews, it is off to Gatwic for your Class 1 medical"

Question Do u have to pay your self for the class 1 medical? Just from quriosity asking...

spikyt
5th Jun 2001, 23:25
OLYMPIC-no, if it is through BA they pay for EVERYTHING! you have to get through apptitudes and then the final board, then you get yur medical andf they pay!

------------------
BA wannabe!

Smoke me a kipper
5th Jun 2001, 23:42
Don't worry Glasgow I've been asked to go on 23rd August so I'll see you there!!!

jetset pete
6th Jun 2001, 02:11
Seems like the test days are weekly if memory serves me rightly. i.e 23, 30 Aug etc. See you guys and gals on the 23. Last time it didn't take half as long to get a date but i guess they're busy at the mo. I'm not complaining anyway!

jonathang
6th Jun 2001, 13:17
Starting to wonder if I have got the correct date for my Aptitudes is anyone else going on the 16th of July?

JonathanG

NewBloke
6th Jun 2001, 15:52
Someone said earlier (Sorry can't remember who !!), that if you pass the tests, then a medical questionnaire is to be completed for your Doctor, before having to cart yourself off to Gatwick. I have already obtained my class 1 medical - What is the case if you already have a Class 1 medical ? Can you skip the Gatwick bit !?!? Can you get an AME to fill in the questionnaire !?! I thought the only difference between the BA Med and JAA Med was eyesight requirements and a HIV/Aids/Drug test, in which case doesn't the BA med dept do this !?!? Any help appreciated......

(By the way I'm off to sit tests 6th August... 2nd time lucky maybe eh ?..)

glasgowannabe
7th Jun 2001, 12:38
jonathang,

sorry don't have never had enough money for a PPL so can't help you there!

Olympic260
7th Jun 2001, 14:14
What's the BA eyesight requiremnts? I know I am well inside the JAA ones but what about BA?

Cheers

jonathang
8th Jun 2001, 00:54
What is the average time after BA's final board does training start? Assuming you get in.

JonathanG

spikyt
8th Jun 2001, 22:53
does anyone know if this is true?? someone said to me if u phone up and ask if theres any chance of moving yur date foward they can do that sometimes! myne isn't until the 30th august and I just wanna get it done!
cheerz peeps!

------------------
BA wannabe!

blueangel
9th Jun 2001, 14:16
Jonathang,

sorry I am so late with my response you asked me if I got a flight well yes I did they never made a problem with that they phoned me up and asked what airport I want to leave from and I said Dusseldorf and the I was on hold for a couple of mins until they told me the date, time and flight number of my flight and a code to get my electronical ticket. I don't pay a penny for that so I wonder that you have to. Anyway maybe that is a good omen and I alos wonder that you have your aptitudes on a saturday would confuse me if I got that date,

write back, blueangel.

spikyt
9th Jun 2001, 14:37
johnathang I would ring up and check that date if I were you!
A saturday does sound a bit suspect!
good luck anyway mate, let us know how it goes!

------------------
BA wannabe!

jonathang
9th Jun 2001, 22:30
Just to say that my Aptitudes are Monday the 16th of July at 9:30am

JonathanG

spikyt
9th Jun 2001, 22:54
well in that case good luck john! let us know how u go!

------------------
BA wannabe!

AMS
10th Jun 2001, 03:38
Hi guys,

Well after waiting 1 whole year i am back !!(hopefully) Johnathang, i see you have your aptitudes soon.. would it be possible if you could please drop me a mail.

thanks

AMS

Ps any one that wants info on a PPL please do contact me or post the question on here and i shall try.. I have nearly finished it!!

jonathang
11th Jun 2001, 18:20
How much on average per month do you spend on completing your PPL and how long has it taken you.

I want to start it but don't have the money to put up just £500 a month pay from my work.

Thanks

JonathanG

jonathang
15th Jun 2001, 16:42
What is the current average response time from BA regarding Final Board after Aptitudes

JonathanG

great expectations
19th Jun 2001, 15:53
Good luck guys. The application is a long haul but in the end its been worth it. Enjoy your days at Cranebank, talk to people, ask questions and take it as it comes. Very long, nerve-racking process - but what dream isnt?
All the best xx GE

saggy
19th Jun 2001, 16:44
Right, a few question I think I can answer here..
GirtBar The aptitutes for BA (this is my personal opinion) are slightly easier that that for the RAF. However, BA use pencil and paper tests as well as the computer to test you.
Olympic260 The pre-medical check you have to do between your aptitutes and FB you have to pay for yourself. However, ask around for prices..it seems that people have payed anything between 15 and 60 pounds for it!!!
NewBloke You still have to do this pre-medical thingy even if you do hold a Class I. Don't know why..can't find a reason but I called them up and asked them and that's what they said! As for the Gatwick bit...hey if i'd have past the FB I would crawl to Gatwick no problem :)
jonathang It all depends how quickly you send back the pre-medical questionnaire. I got a call about 5 days after I had sent it in to arrange for a date for the FB.
spikyt Yes, give them a ring if you want to move it forward. But don't be to fussy about the alternative they give you...Drop me an e-mail..we can meet around campus for a drink if you need some advice (Yes I've spent 5 long years in Brunel! :+ ).
Good luck to all of you guys.

And yes...a lot of your questions are somewhere answered before. So do have a look around. You will get loads more info!

------------------
G-XX finals and ...hopefully land! :)

[This message has been edited by saggy (edited 19 June 2001).]

spikyt
19th Jun 2001, 22:06
Thanx alot saggy! I did try ringing them and got some un-helpful cow that wouldn't give me another date! she obviously couldnt be bothered, she didnt even take my name, was just very rude!
I take it from the way you speak about the whole process u have been through it b4?
did u go all the way with it??
what did u study at Brunel???
see ya later!

------------------
BA wannabe!

Speedbird 2946
20th Jun 2001, 01:20
spikyt,

I opened this thread out of interest and was shocked at how rudely you described someone who works for the company you aspire to entire. I found it disgusting.

British Airways receives a huge volume of applications for the Cadet Entry Programme and because of this volume it is necessary to schedule well in advance. There is no need to slander someone for doing their job. If you had a genuine reason for wishing to move forward your testing date, say for compassionate grounds, then BA MAY be able to help. That is something you accept, and if you can't then your fuse is too short.

I can categorically say that the people in charge of recruiting new trainees for BA read all BA threads on this site, and now you have revelaed that you are a Brunel DJ then I feel sure that you have exposed your identity and the staff may well take that into account.

spikyt
20th Jun 2001, 13:52
Speedbird,

I understand that they do recieve a huge amount of calls, and that in most cases they wouldn't be able to help me. I understand that, thats not the problem, the lady concerned didn't even give me a chance to explain any reasons. She was blunt and generally rude and unhelpful.
I have worked in customer services of some kind or another for the last 4 years, and I know that you do not treat someone in the way she treated me when they have a genuine query.
I know she is not typical of the staff there, and am sorry if that is the way I made my comment sound. I have spoken to many people there who have been most helpful, which is why I was so shocked at her attitude.
Secondly, I am quite sure that a respectable company such as BA would not take into account stupid comments made on a forum such as this.
On looking back over my post it did sound as if I was having a dig at all of BA's call centre staff, and for that I apologise. My problem was with one particular member of staff and for that I do not apologise for.

wtpurser
20th Jun 2001, 14:12
SB2946,

You act as if you work for the airline, if you dont then you seem to know alot more about their procedures than most of the people on this website. If that is his opinion then that is his opinion.

Dont come in here and blow off because you know a few people in BA who might be high up or dare I say it 'involved in selection'. People dont want your big headed, dicky-know-it-all guff. I can understand the fustration in his mind and perhaps it was called for as British Airways are a commercial organisation and contary to the matter they wont be as organised as most people think. And you do get irrate people on the phone as with anything.

Just a point.
WT.

spikyt
20th Jun 2001, 15:20
Thank you very much WTPURSER, thats exactly what I was trying to say!
Despite his views, I know that BA won't take into account my comments on a a member of their call centre staff in my application as a pilot for them. They are, iam sure, a fair, broad minded group of individuals, unlike speedbird!
I really don't want to get into a slagging match here with speedbird or anyone else because I think that is juvenile and unnecessary. I have apologised if I could have been misunderstood and that is an end to it!

Speedbird 2946
20th Jun 2001, 20:04
Fair enough gents, you retort scornfully so I shall reply with reason.

Firstly spikyt I understand you do not infer that all recruitment staff are 'unhelpful cows' Fair enough, they certainly aren't. The selction process can take upto around 6 months, bearing in mind how many stages there are before you are offered a contract so an earlier date may not help I am afraid.

You also say that you are sure that "BA would not take into account stupid comments made on a forum such as this' Fine, you are entitled to your opinion, and so am I, am I not? BA retains the right to terminate any contract offer if they discover that you have lied at any point during your selection process: "I am however very very good at talking bull**** and interpreting what people want from an answer... my essay answers were good and had some of my mates pissing them selves with laughter as they knew what a load of complete bollox it was!" My point being that publicly admitting your application form was fraudulent was not the best plan, the staff do read this site. Fact. I'm not blowing a trumpet, saying I know anyone in particular, just stating fact.

I think that this 'fact' is what wtpurser so rudely described as "big headed, dicky-know-it-all guff"

Ah well, I guess it's back to know-it-all land for me, a fellow PPRuNer who wants only the same as you guys and was in your shoes not so long ago.

spikyt
20th Jun 2001, 20:28
I am sure that anyone with any small ounce of brains would see that the comment of myne that you refered to was an off the cuff remark meant to make someone feel better.
The people at BA may well read this, and I am sure that they will realise this as they must have brains to get such a job.
Nothing in my application was fradulent and I do have proof of some kind or another that everything stated in my application is true, whether this be in the form of certificates or experience that will be obvious if I get to the final board.All it meant was that I am very good at wording things correctly, due to my experience in customer service. Do you really think I would be as stupid as to lie in my application knowing that I would have to justify my answers at final board.
Stop being so petty, give it a rest and let this thread get back to its original topic!
Thank YOU!

( oh yeh, how do u know for a fact that they read this?? are you one of them perhaps? )

Speedbird 2946
20th Jun 2001, 22:38
Right, let's just leave things be shall we. Maybe I can help bring this topic back to it's starting questions...

The current BA eyesight regulations are inline with the new JAA regs entirely, this is not what is stated in the recruitment brochure but my information is the new, corrected version.

After aptitude testing you could expect to wait upto 2 months for Final Board.

If you pass that it could be over a month before your BA medical, done at Gatwick Airport itself, and if you already hold a Class 1 you do not need to go back to the CAA medics. You then need a dental examination and will not be considered for a place on the scheme until you get blood test results back and a satisfactory report from your dentist. Phew... then after all that you could expect to wait anything from weeks to 6 months to start training depending on what places are available and where.

Any questions, let me know.

SB :)

wtpurser
20th Jun 2001, 23:02
OK thats better ! :)

I was just trying to say what some other peeps might want to point out, thats all. Yep I know we all want success really bad but it helps if we can be a bit less big-headed at times.

So how come you know sooooo much about the detailed selcetion procedure. If was A BA friend telling you then surely that would be in breech of their contract or something like that ?

No hard feelings !
WT.

spikyt
21st Jun 2001, 02:35
Glad to see this back to how it started!
Thanx for the advice and sorry for any mis-understandings speedbird!
Just incase speedbird is right and anyone from BA is reading this, I hope you do not misinterpret what I have said in the way some people obviously have. I think I have explained what I meant now!
GOOD LUCK EVERYONE WITH YOUR CAREERS IN AVIATION!

Pontius
21st Jun 2001, 17:44
Aw shucks, it was just starting to get interesting.

Yes, 'they' do read this. Quite a few of 'them' in fact ;)

Toodle pip,

Pontius

------------------
You Ain't Seen Me - Right !!

NewBloke
21st Jun 2001, 20:02
Jesus Christ... A bloody dentist !?!? What's that all about then !?!? Can't fly a plane with stained teeth or something !?

------------------
"Everything in moderation, including moderation..."

Speedbird 2946
21st Jun 2001, 23:53
Dental Records: reason for? To identify your cremated remains after a crash...

No, no x-ray involved, just a record of dental work, treatment and general condition to state that your teeth are in good order. Dental illhealth can cause problems during flight and may also be indicative of other health problems.

spikyt
22nd Jun 2001, 00:26
what is the deal with the dentist?? why do u have to have a dental report??
what do they look for from the dentist? can you actually be failed on what he says?? I haven't even been to myne for at least 2 years!!!!

am worried now!!!! http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/frown.gif

spikyt
22nd Jun 2001, 00:28
thanx for clearing that up speedbird! got scared then! thought it was al over before it bgan due to a few fillings!! opps! silly me!! :)

jonathang
25th Jun 2001, 21:12
I would imagine the dental exam is aimed at looking at your general eating habbits. To determine whether or not you eat healthly. They are investing a lot of money and are looking for long term return on their investment.

JonathanG

jonathang
25th Jun 2001, 21:44
What time will the Aptitude tests finish at.

Booking my flight back from Heathrow to Edinburgh on the 16th of July and 20:00 seems to be the last flight with BA.

Will that be late enough.

Thanks

JonathanG

spikyt
25th Jun 2001, 22:11
Johnathang, from what I have heard they are over by about 4 ish at the latest so 8 is easily late enough!

Good luck mate, wish mine was on the 16th, ages to wait till mine! Let us know how you go!

JIW
26th Jun 2001, 19:28
Does anyone know the average waiting time between the final board and finding out if you were successful or not? I had mine last week and am getting very anxious to know how I did.

flying doc
26th Jun 2001, 20:09
Could be up to 14 days me thinks.

FD

jonathang
4th Jul 2001, 15:14
Just a question about travel expenses.

When do you claim them back and how?

My flight cost £160.

JonathanG

splonguk
4th Jul 2001, 15:57
Just to say that I managed to move my tests forward to the 23rd August! I was due to go on the 30th August but decided to see if the nice people at 'The World's Favourite' had had any cancellations. All they could offer me was a week earlier, but I grabbed the date with both hands - a week means making the process 7 days shorter so I am not complaining!!!! I have to say that the people at Cranebank (or where ever the call centre is) were very helpful; I had no real reason for trying to move the tests but they helped anyway!

So I guess there will quite a few ppruners there - glasgowannabe, smokemeakipper etc..

Speedbird 2946
4th Jul 2001, 16:40
You get travel expense forms from reception at The Rivers.

Quicksilver
4th Jul 2001, 17:17
Ok everyone stop panicking about the dentist,

The reason for the check up and dental report is a health insurance issue, ie. to make sure that before you embark on training you have a clean dental bill of health so that you are covered for dental problems should they occur.

Try getting medical insurance before answering a medical questionnaire/ having a medical - your CAA class 1 doesn't cover teeth.

BA give you a form, ask you to fill it in after you have had a check up and any repairs done, their attitude is 'anything wrong with teeth is repairable' so it doesn't matter is you have to have 25 fillings as long as you have them done before you train.

No, it doesn't have anything to do with checking out your eating habits.

This is an airline not big brother.

Though I agree it is easy to read between the lines too much.

If you have any questions, give BA health services a call and the'll answer your questions.

Hope this provides relief

Quickie

...........and relax

------------------

spikyt
4th Jul 2001, 22:20
so I am now all on my own on the 30th Splonguk???

------------------
BA wannabe!

N380UA
6th Jul 2001, 15:08
1. Does anyone know what the time intervals are from step to step? I've seen almost everything from a week to 3 month. Is there any rhyme or reason to this? I've been waiting now for soon 6 weeks and start go get a little antsy.
2. To all of you that where there, what in particular did you notice which others should watch out for? Thanks y'all, and good luck.

N380UA
6th Jul 2001, 15:19
Is this get'n through?
1. Does anyone know what the time intervals are from step to step? I've seen almost everything from a week to 3 month. Is there any rhyme or reason to this? I've been waiting now for soon 6 weeks and start go get a little antsy.
2. To all of you that where there, what in particular did you notice which others should watch out for? Thanks y'all, and good luck.

spikyt
6th Jul 2001, 16:20
IS THIS GETTING THROUGH??

THERE IS NO RHYME OR REASON TO IT, THEY REPLY WHEN THEY HAVE TIME. IT DEPENDS HOW BUSY THEY ARE! JUST BE PATIENT!

SORRY TO SOUND ARSY BUT I HAVE ANSWERED THIS QUESTION MYSELF A NUMBER OF TIMES NOW! THERE ARE LOADS OF POSTS ON IT!

Mister Geezer
8th Jul 2001, 16:16
On the topic of the Dental Check. Medical problems can arise when flying due to bad fillings and dental problems. Might sound weird but it does exist and can be very painful. Also the topic of collecting your Dental Records to be put on file sounds like another valid reason for the dental check.

Regards

MG

jonathang
9th Jul 2001, 21:08
Is there anyone going on the 16th who is staying over from Sunday to Monday at Heathrow?

JonathanG

jonathang
13th Jul 2001, 02:51
Just wanting to say,

Good Luck to everyone on the 16th.

JonathanG

jonathang
13th Jul 2001, 23:03
Just a quick question. Is there any space to leave bags at Cranebank beacuse I will have to checkout of my hotel before 12:00.

Thanks in advance,

Jonathan Grainger

brock
14th Jul 2001, 20:09
I have gone through the BA process..(successfully) The only advice i can offer you BA hopefuls is make sure you know the share dividend for the last financial year and other facts such as earnings per share and share price. I was asked very similar questions.

I know for a fact that they do not encourage long sideburns on your face...part of their profiling...

good luck

Mr Landers

splonguk
15th Jul 2001, 22:44
Good luck for tomorrow jonathang!! Get a good night's sleep and try to be relaxed and do your best!

Let us know how they go!

PS - did you manage to get the jumpseat for either of your flights to London?

jonathang
17th Jul 2001, 02:37
Yeh I got the Jump Seat on the way back from Heathrow to Edinburgh. The crew were fantastic. Take Off and Landing. It was a great experience,

Thanks to the Crew of Shuttle 8 Sierra,

Jonathan Grainger