PDA

View Full Version : VETA lives!

Avinthenews
27th Dec 2020, 06:49
What a typical debacle, VETA employment terminated Nov 1st, but now resurrected because of work visa’s and a must sign back to join VETA tomorrow DEC 28th.

BalusKaptan
27th Dec 2020, 19:29
What do you expect, it's China so you cannot expect First World employment laws.
Most FW countries now have strict regulations on this practise known variously by such titles as "Mondayising', 'Weekending' etc. It is very difficult to get over the regulatory barrier. One of the first problems is that government regulators and especially tax departments don't consider it a change of employment and require the new conditions of employment remain the same unless said department considers them an improvement (NOT the employers' view or even the employees' view of improvement).

Fly747
28th Dec 2020, 00:05
What a farce. They obviously didn’t consider work visas in any of this including chopping Dragon.

Farman Biplane
28th Dec 2020, 01:15
VETA COS99 to CX COS18(RA55), back to Veta on “prevailing contract” COS08, then back to CX COS18. Sounds like a plausible way to extend your RA from 55 to 65?

BalusKaptan
28th Dec 2020, 06:17
So, if the company want to make a point to the Immigration department they could 'offer' said pilot who is non-HKG citizen nor PR, a position on a base if HKG immigration refuses their renewal.
Be interesting to see what the 'I'm more entitled to that base than they are' brigade have to say about that but then CX have never considered their employees when they want to do something.

Walkingthedog
28th Dec 2020, 07:22
They always seem to go for the instant solution/decision that comes back to haunt them later.
Perhaps a function of parachuting “generalist” swire managers into positions of which they have little knowledge or experience and then shipping them off to a bottling plant or insurance company to start all over again?

1200firm
28th Dec 2020, 09:44
How is China employment law related to Hong Kong employment law?

swh
28th Dec 2020, 13:25
Be interesting to see what the 'I'm more entitled to that base than they are' brigade have to say about that but then CX have never considered their employees when they want to do something.

Everyone that was VETA was on a base at some stage.

How is China employment law related to Hong Kong employment law?

They seem to be more like policy subject to change.

BalusKaptan
29th Dec 2020, 06:20
I'm sorry 1200firm, where have you been recently? Forget what the law says and any previous interpretations that may have been made by various HKG government departments or the HKG courts. It is now the interpretation of the CCP from Bejing and all HKG government departments and courts will tow that line, i.e. Bejing rules.

1200firm
31st Dec 2020, 01:05
What is your source of information about this?

BTW it's Toe the line. Toe not Tow.