PDA

View Full Version : Aviation Career Center ACC

Deckbacon
21st Dec 2020, 15:38
Just thought I'd open up a thread regarding an ATO in Slovenia so we can post our thoughts about it.
They don't leave many places to talk freely about the school so I thought I'd leave some space here to share.

In my experience I wouldn't recommend the school.
The lectures were generally poor quality, and seemed nothing more than a simple box tick exercise.
Aircraft were poorly maintained, with students dealing with broken flaps, stab trim runways, cracked engine cylinders, engine failures, electrical fires etc
Insurance wasn't great on the aircraft, prop strikes on new aircraft are covered by the student, same for bird strikes and the like.
Management always gave the impression of doing favours when something worked better for them. They will happily charge you more to extend your contract during Covid, saying it's a favour to you. They try to screw you on the contract, and a hassle to keep to the contract. Typically there isn't an attitude that you are a paying customer.
The chief pilot is a pain. Requiring checks that aren't necessary, banning flights to grass airfields or even flying with friends. He simply does not understand EASA rules regarding the carriage of passengers. He will require you to be "checked" before flying to a different country. He will question everything you do, from how high you fly, to where you fly. It's an avoid from me

gerpols
21st Dec 2020, 16:50
Ladies, Gents
I think I could say the exact comments for Ionian Aviation in Greece !
Except for the part of the Chief Pilot, because that was me ..;)
Before you choose a flight school, go there, and visit the place.
Now, is not the time to start a commercial flight training program.
Unless your parents are millionaires, don`t waste your money.

SportCruiser
21st Dec 2020, 23:31
As an ex-student of Aviation Career Center (ACC) - Maribor, I can just give the advice, to stay away from this ATO in Slovenia and to talk to the previous students.

I can confirm everything what Deckbacon has said, the lectures were very poor, as 10% of the ATPL theory phase was spent in the classroom with the same two instructors, who have very little or no experience at all, just reading out aloud the content of the Oxford ATPL books - wasting time.
The aircraft that were used for the flight training, were in a bad shape, and nothing was done about it, even if it was reported. I have experienced all the issues myself, i.e. flaps (that would jump to the up position during approach), stab trim (that was running away during departure), engine (cylinder, and lead on the spark plugs), one student has experienced an electrical fire and a another one an engine failure.

The Chief Pilot has some anger problems which everybody knows of (including the management). On one of my first training flights, he made me fly with no airspeed & altitude indications (blocked pitot tube), after telling him that I felt uncomfortable to continue flying like this, he exploded on me, asking me how I would dare to question his decisions, since he has more than 8.000 hours of flight experience, including hours on - Cessna Citation Jet -, compared to a stupid student pilot like me (I also had to pay for the Chief Pilot's ferry flight to the maintenance due to this problem), but that is just the cherry on the cake...
He has many unwritten rules, and if he doesn't like you, then you are in trouble, as he also enjoys threatening students for no reason.

Money has a high priority, therefore students are paying their 'training fees' in advance, even if no training is taking place.
You are not being treated as a student or customer, but as a cash cow, that is being milked till the end of the 'training'.

FlywithFou
26th Dec 2020, 08:23
I visited ACC 2018, I was searching for an ATO to start an ATPL Training.
Miha (responsible for everything), convinced me to drive all the way down to Maribor and check the Airport and the ACC "Base".

Once I have arrived there, I was standing in front of a building supposed to be an International Airport.
At this day they had no classes scheduled, as many other ATOs have at least one class going on at 12 pm.
Miha introduced me to a student who was sitting alone in a Backoffice, where they have a Big Screen for "teaching" and nothing else.
He also showed me this 15sqm Meetingrooms at the first floor entering every single room with a magnetic card "like MacGyver".

Then He came up with an idea to show me the hanger with the Aircrafts, cause they have all these brand new A/Cs.
I was actually wondering how easy it was to enter an international Airport without any big security checks specially the Apron.
When you talk to Miha he will convince you that ACC has the highest standards and the frequency of numerous Aircrafts landing in Maribor gives the student great experience for his/her future career.
I saw one small SEP approaching the RWY. Nothing else!
Instead it was interesting to see how Airport Staff is working by drinking Beer and chating. Cause no one actually did use this "International Airport" ....no flights scheduled, nothing!

No students around made me become really skeptical!

So I've joined several sites and forums, till I found out what they actually do!
I don't recommend this ATO they try to convince you that they do know everything but the fact is... the only thing they want is your MONEY!
=> Check out the Thrad about how they scammed students from Lybia!

GOOD LUCK!

AttitudeAndAltitude
29th Dec 2020, 11:23
As an Ex-student can't agree more with everything said here.
Altough some of the instructors in the school are doing their job, and trying their best to actually teach, the school administration and management are just thirsty for the students money, doing everything they can to milk any cent they can with scams, and accusations!
Student are not insured by the school in the hour building process which means that every scratch, bird strike, or mistake you might have while training is out of your pocket and could get to sums of more than 10k euro, happened to more than 3 different students.

Lastly about the head of training, as the guy that is suppose to be the source of information, expirience and knowledge in the school, he doesn't know have of the rules, makes up stuff as he goes, and would do anything to prove that he is not wrong when most of the time he is.
There are even a few stories from other students about racist behavior he has towards certain people and religions.
DO YOURSELF A FAVOR! FIND SOMETHING ELSE!

orraghey
30th Dec 2020, 09:20
The CFI is an absolute pain. He used to moan at me if I was flying above 7000 feet, complained if I visited a grass airfields (banned me from flying for abit for doing that once). He seemed to take great pleasure in taking all the fun out of hour building which should be the most fun. Flying to different places, getting a coffee with a friend then flying back. He wouldn't allow that.
demand ruled were followed when they weren't written anywhere, and always have to be right, if he couldn't prove it or you didn't believe him it was an "EASA rule" I'd ask him to find it and he never would even try to look, as he knew he was wrong

Mountainwaves
1st Jan 2021, 11:47
I was as well a student at ACC and I can easily say that choosing this flight school was a huge mistake. Everything that has been written in this thread is 100% true. From the lectures to the maintenance of the plane. And, as already mentioned, forget about being treated as a paying customer that is trying to make his dream come true...they want to milk as much money as possible from you and they will do everything to do it. In one case they couldn’t provide a part of the training to a student because they had neither the plane nor the instructor for it and so they offered two options to solve the problem: wait at least 3 months doing nothing or pay thousands of euros to be moved to another flight school and continue the training. The crazy thing is that they charge you thousands of euros because they cannot provide a service stated in the contract for which you already paid. Plus remember that if your contract expires they will ask you something to extend it. Another awful part of the school was the terrible head of training: he was rude with students, he could just scream even when he was wrong, he demanded really pointless checks (that you have to pay), he wouldn’t allow the carrying of passengers or the flying to grass airfields.

Big no go, stay away.

dekammeron
5th Jan 2021, 14:31
Why does this thread read like it's all written by one single unsatisfied customer? :hmm:
Writing anonymous posts on this forum is just slandering and hate talk, without any reference how much of this what you're writing is true, and you take away an option to tell the other side of the story (not your's only)...
If you're so unhappy with them, then use your personal FB profile, expose yourself and make a review there.
This way others can truly believe the words you have written, because there is a face and a name behind these words, not just a nickname and the "I'm new here".
Plus, they also have a chance of telling their side of the story... because of you and your opinion (true, not true or partly true), they might experience business shortage, which could have a negative impact on other existing students, that are satisfied, some of them might even be your friends, if you even genuinely was a student there.

FlywithFou
6th Jan 2021, 10:09
dekammeron it sounds like you are working for them LOL... let me remind you that forums, are places where people are allowed to write whatever they want, without showing who they really are. I think the number of various comments here and in other Threads, are just confirming How ACC and specially the Administration is!
AND to be honest I do think that this dekammeron Profil is one of MIHAs fake profiles, if not you should check the number of "ACC MARIBOR" Threads.

Beside that, just in case you didn't understand what I was talking about, a short reminder: Some ATOs include non-disclosure agreements to their contracts! In case of ACC, students are obliged to pay 10000 EURO in case of any violation. ARE YOU STIL INTERESTED IN, HOW DID YOU SAY "EXPOSE YOURSELF"...LOL

Isn't this a platform where we can share our experiences anonymous! To help others!

Hawker_Hurricane
6th Jan 2021, 10:15
Hehe, you guys are funny... My experience was quite the opposite.
I have nothing but to say against ACC but commendations, nothing even close to what you guys are writing.
You must've done something really outrageous to them to get this kind of treatment.
To me, they were honest, straightforward and professional. I don't have a reference to compare with other schools as I did all the training there, but I definitely don't regret doing the training in ACC.

Mountainwaves
6th Jan 2021, 15:34
Personally, regarding my reply, I don’t see how showing my real name would make my review more believable. Future students will anyway just see a name and done, it doesn’t mean anything to them...the name is not more believable than a nickname.

I already told everything to ACC when I was there as a student so they already had the chance to explain the reason of their actions but they didn’t. Also a true potential student would reply or message to ask details about why we don’t suggest the school, while here you appeared complaining that I should expose myself so that you know who I am...why does it look to me that you are working in that school and trying to find out who I am? Because I don’t think that an “A320 captain based in Venice” would be interested in me exposing myself on FB to post a review.

SerriaFireFly
7th Jan 2021, 11:47
Dekammeron
A flight school with 2-3 planes, will mean students have shared exeriences. A small managment that hasn't changed since their time at Adria, issues are going to keep repeat. Behaviour hasn't changed, these things will keep going on.
On a forum like this people are able to say what they think is true, what they feel is true. For better or for worse this is an outlet where they can say what their view is. Being anon here is safe, it allows freedom of thought and speech without worrying of it being held against them, if they are in the school or just finished. It can be good reviews as well as negative ones. I'd have hoped that you MG, in your poistion at the school would have taken this as a chance to reflect or talk about issues from your side to help people understand and open up more conversation?
This isn't a filtered "bestaviation" review, this is a forum. Why should anyone have to expose their face or name or you? what would change?

Hawker_hurricane
I fail to see how doing "something really outragious" would cause poor quality lectures, school rule/unwritten rules, going up in broken aircraft or absurd fees have anything to do with how you have treated someone? It's a school where you go 1 minute over something and the bill comes after your CPL exam flight, think when someone ran the numbers they were bumping those a touch as well charging for .3 or .4 of a minute extra.
No handshake, no "well done", no "thanks for training here and good luck". Just get a sent a bill you're told to pay and that's it, you don't pay we don't finish your license. The management have no touch. And are always looking to squeeze something out of you. See Dekammeron for further details of this.
If you had a good experience then I'm pleased for you, but don't make out anyone did something "outrageous" as if we deserve the kind of treatment we got. We are or were trying to finish our training, or get what the contract told us we could have.

Mofomofo
8th Jan 2021, 16:48
So Miha why you dont write with your own name then?

Way you treat your customers is not correct and it will be more and more public and its a good thing for people to see that ACC owners just trying to get all money they may have and they don't care about their students at all.

RongProcedure
24th Jan 2021, 15:22
dekammeron Hi Miha, how are you doing? It is S.R. here, your ACC graduate from 2018. Having seen your suggestions concerning the anonymous posts on this forum, I would also like to leave a review using my personal Facebook profile, however I was unable to write one since you have blocked me on all social media platforms including Facebook. Would you mind unblocking me again for that one please?

Alex Whittingham
26th Jan 2021, 18:29
Jeez fellas, dare I ask where the Slovenian CAA is in all this? Don't they exercise any oversight at all?

IFR_IFollowtheRoad
3rd Mar 2021, 13:53
My experience with ATPLs at ACC was below average. There was a mix up with the first round of exams. The school didn't do their best to help and wouldn't admit their mistake. The lectures for ATPL were non-existent. There was no actual teaching, merely a Q and A. I wouldn't attend this school without assurances that higher standards will be maintained.

Gustaf2
3rd Mar 2021, 23:27
Well everything about this "school" is a complete joke. I wouldn't go anywhere close to considering doing any training with them at all. They're only after your money and will do anything to squeeze out as much as possible from you, or come up with bull**** extra costs and there's nothing you can do other than to pay or you won't be allowed to continue training. Don't give your money to some scammers who provide rubbish "training". I don't think they have a single happy student who finished their training with them.

So yeah you've got your warning

ACC_SLO
4th Mar 2021, 08:14
We have been following this thread for a while now, and we were reluctant to respond, as most of the statements posted are either false and untrue, or are taken completely out of context. However, this has gone too far, so we'd like to share our side of the story as well, because this negative campaign against ACC that's coming from a few unsatisfied students who lack self-criticism, is endangering people's jobs, students currently on training as well as business itself (if corona isn't enough):

Deckbacon
-The lectures were generally poor quality, and seemed nothing more than a simple box tick exercise.
We did have a couple of instructors that weren’t meeting our standard of theoretical lectures, and we mitigated that issue by asking them to raise the quality level of the theoretical lectures. However they rather changed flight schools instead.
- Poorly maintained aircraft
All of the listed airplane failures are not true… We did had an older fleet, but it was in perfect shape, completely overhauled. We have NEVER had broken flaps, stab trim runways, cracked engine cylinders, engine failures, electrical fires etc, which can be proven with maintenance history and EASA occurrences repository. - Insurance
Not true, all our fleet is insured will full coverage, we had 4 cases where students on solo flights damaged the airplane: 3 times propeller and 1 time wing (bird strike) and none of the students didn’t had to pay a cent.
- Training agreement
Not true, the training agreements have a duration of 18 months, which both contractual parties agree on and sign. When a student does not complete the training in 18 months due to his own reasons (not related to ACC, Covid, Weather, etc), the contract is extended in regards to the individual’s student reason for delay.
- Chief pilot
When a student has a more then 1 month pause in flight training, yes of course we require a check with instructor to ensure pilot proficiency and overall safety of the flight operation, what’s so unusual about it?
- Banning flights to grass airfields
True, because our fleet was specifically chosen for asphalt runways as we are training the students for airline flying, not aeroclub flying.
- Flying with friends. He simply does not understand EASA rules regarding the carriage of passengers.
True, it is a policy of ACC not to allow passengers (friends, girlfriends) on solo flights after within Zero to ATPL training due to low experience of pilots and to maintain overall safety of the flight operation. Passengers are also not covered by the insurance.
- He will require you to be "checked" before flying to a different country.
True, it is a legislation requirement by our CAA, not ACC.
- He will question everything you do, from how high you fly, to where you fly.
Of course, he is the Head of Training and CFI, responsible for all the training in ACC ATO and needs to have information related to flight operation.
- - -
SportCruiser:
- EASA enables the ATOs to use up to 90% of theoretical training via self-study. We provide our students with an extensive range of training materials for those 90% of self-study theoretical training (CAE Oxford Computer Based Training, ATPL books, subscription to Aviationexam question bank). And the classroom lectures are completed on performance-based approach, where the theoretical instructor prepares each classroom lecture based on performance of each group and individuals within that group. If the lectures are so poor, then why is our students average ATPL score 90+ per cent?
- Absolutely not true, which can be proven with maintenance history. Aircraft failures are mandatory to be reported to CAA/EASA, the facts can be checked in EASA occurrences repository.
- The flight to maintenance organization, where the AMO reset the G1000 was performed within the Class Rating training, there were no costs for the student.
- All ACC rules are written and available to the student. Most of the rules that are enforced are adopted by either CAA rules or EASA requirements and are there to provide the maximum safety level and keeping the standard quality level of training are written and published and all the students are aware of the rules. If a student doesn’t like or doesn’t agree with EASA/CAA rules and requirements, an ATO can’t do much about it.
- ACC has several payment options available, from paying everything in advance, to 6 instalments or 13 instalments. Each payment option comes with its own benefit, and it is the student’s decision which payment to choose. And training is always taking place, except when weather doesn’t allow flight training.
- ACC is not “milking” anybody… we have a fixed price for Zero to ATPL, with all the costs included. If a student requires additional training in order to pass the exam with CAA examiner, the additional training costs are charged according to the published pricelist.
- - -
FlywithFou:
- Yes, you did come to ACC once to see the airport, our fleet and to got the information about Zero to ATPL training, but you were NEVER a student of ACC, so you have absolutely no insight about our service and you are not eligible to provide any kind of experience with ACC, because you don't have any.
- About the airport, yes it is true, that we are performing the training on an International Airport (Maribor, Slovenia), that doesn’t have any scheduled flights… but that’s perfect for training, because there’s no traffic and we can fly all the time. And yes of course there were no students present at the time of your visit, because they were in airplanes training.
- We’re not familiar about a thread of scammed Libyan students… we did have a group of students from Libya on training and if anyone was scammed it was ACC. We have signed training agreements with the students and their government, provided the training for the students, and then the Libyan government wasn’t paying for the training so we stopped with the training. We waited for a few months for the outstanding payments which never came, so we were forced to terminate the training for good.
- - -
AttitudeAndAltitude:
- If a student would be scammed by ACC, the student is free to visit police station and file a report that he was scammed. ACC has NEVER been in any kind of investigation, legal proceedings with the students etc…
- All our fleet is insured will full coverage, we had 4 cases where students on solo flights damaged the airplane, some due to negligence and improper handling (3 times propeller and 1 time wing - bird strike) and none of the student didn’t pay a cent for repairs.
- Of course, he is the Head of Training and CFI, responsible for all the training in ACC ATO and needs to have information related to flight operation. Most of the rules that are enforced are adopted by either CAA rules or EASA requirements and are there to provide the maximum safety level and keeping the standard quality level of training are written and published and all the students are aware of the rules, because they sign a statement that they are familiar with the rules (and everything) else, and that they are aware of their responsibilities. If a student doesn’t like or doesn’t agree with EASA/CAA rules and requirements, an ATO cant do much about it.
- 90% of our students are international, from all over the world. It is a multinational environment, including the instructors. We have never, ever, received any kind of complaint that somebody from ACC has expressed racist behavior.
- - -
Orraghey:
- Our fleet was specifically chosen for asphalt runways as we are training the students for airline flying, not aeroclub flying. If you wish to land on a grass airfield, feel free to rent an airplane from the aeroclub across the Airport Maribor Runway, and land wherever you wish.
- PIC hour building is not made to be fun, it’s for the student to gain experience. We have a program in place for conducting the PIC hour building and students must follow it to maintain pilot proficiency which is needed for IR training which comes after PIC hour building.
- We follow EASA and CAA rules to maintain compliance and to maintain maximum safety level as well as keeping the standard quality level of training. All the rules are written and published and all the students are aware of the rules, because they sign a statement that they are familiar with the rules (and everything) else, and that they are aware of their responsibilities. If a student doesn’t like or doesn’t agree with EASA/CAA rules and requirements, an ATO cant do much about it.
- - -
Mountainwaves:
- ACC is not “milking” anybody… we have a fixed price for Zero to ATPL, with all the costs included. If a student requires additional training in order to pass the exam with CAA examiner, the additional training is charged according to the published pricelist.
- True, we had our airplane on engine overhaul, and we presented an option to the student either to wait until the airplane returns from maintenance, or to perform the particular training module (IR) with another school. The choice was not ACC’s, it was the student’s.
- If a student has more than 1 month of pause from his last flight, of course he is required to get a check. Its not pointless, it's safety! And it is mandated by our CAA.
- True, PIC hour building is not passenger flying, its solo experience building! And we do not allow passengers because if safety reasons. And we do not allow landing on grass airfields because the airplanes (and training) are not meant to be used on grass airfield.
- - -
SerriaFireFly:
- We agree with you 100%, however “people are able to say what they think is true, what they feel is true” is not a reason to post untrue statements. You should at least be objective when posting your “feelings” and highlight both, good things and bad things. We are aware of our disadvantages, and we are mitigating them regularly.
- If you needed extra training above the standard in order to pass the exam with CAA examiner, these extra training hours need to be paid, what’s so strange about that? Airline companies charge you for every extra kilogram of luggage. And we can guarantee, that you don’t need to pay anything if you go 1 minute over, or 5 or 10 or ever 30 minutes. But if you needed additional 30 hours of additional training, I’m very sorry, but we’re not a cost sharing organization, and your extra training caused extra costs for the academy. Next complaint will be why didn’t we just gave you the whole training for free, or what?
- - -
Mofomofo:
- What way? That the HT raises his voice over you because you almost caused a mid-air collision? Is that what’s bothering you? You are or you’re going to be a commercial pilot, with a huge responsibility against your passenger, your employer, you crew and enviroment… if you cant handle a criticism over your piloting skills, then you chose a wrong profession.
- And what money are you talking about? Every student pays exactly how much it is agreed in the contract. If you require extra training in order to pass the exam, extra cost is generated which is always charged according to the pricelist that you are/were familiar with.
- - -
RongProcedure:
- Hi S.R., we are truly surprised and shocked about your campaign of negative reviews again ACC that you have been posting under different nicknames here, on Facebook, Google, etc… we are always aware of our disadvantages, because nobody is perfect, but we are also promptly mitigating these disadvantages. You for example have been training on older airplanes with classic instrumentation and on rented airplanes. Today we have a brand new fleet of airplanes and simulator with glass cockpit equipment, and owned by ACC. In your case we have compensated our past disadvantages with the extra services that we provided to you
Yes, during your training you required additional hours to be able to pass the flight exam with CAA examiner, which led to extra training cost. S.R. we’re sorry that those extra caused in you such negative feelings against ACC, that for those few euros, you are now leading a campaign of negative reviews.
- - -
737pilotuk:
- “managed to crush the whole Slovene system of the "big" ATOs” – you have completely wrong idea about your so called "big" ATOs” in Slovenia. Current ACC personnel made the "big" ATO" what it was, which was later crushed when the German 4K came as a new owner and started pulling money out of the company, which resulted in bankruptcy.

- “They stole everything they could from Adria afcc” – we have to disappoint you, but it never happened. In order to steal something from somebody, that somebody has to be the owner first… but you don’t know that because you were just a student, and you’re spreading false information because it is easier than finding out the truth.
- - -
Alex Whittingham:
- CAA comes to perform oversight 3 to 4 times per year, and finds no objection or findings, because the statements posted above are not true or are taken out of context, because a few students are dissatisfied by ACC because they had to pay a few hours of additional, which without they wouldn't be able to pass the exam with the CAA Examiner.
- - -
IFR_IFollowtheRoad:
- Yes, its called performance based training, where the classroom lectures/consultations are performed based on the lesson plan which is prepared according to the performance level of an ATPL students group. The lectures focus on the topics of each subject which had the lowest performance in self-study stage where you go through the CBT, book and aviationexam. If the theoretical training is so poor, why the students are able to pass the ATPL exams with a 90%+ average score?

ACC_SLO
5th Mar 2021, 09:03
Gustaf2

Dear Gustaf, our main goal and priority is to train students to become professional pilots, and those that finished within the Zero to ATPL within the scope of the training are happy and satisfied.

Why don't you write the truth, that from the entire Zero to ATPL managed to complete only PPL? If you were not capable of following the EASA prescribed training and passing the exams, while all of your other fellow students did, it's not ACC's fault. Same goes to the training agreement, we are ALWAYS following the agreement made with the students and there are no tricks or hidden provisions. It was YOU who did not follow and respect the agreement, to which you committed yourself to with your signature, so you can complain only over yourself, not ACC.

Warlock1
6th Mar 2021, 07:51
- True, we had our airplane on engine overhaul, and we presented an option to the student either to wait until the airplane returns from maintenance, or to perform the particular training module (IR) with another school. The choice was not ACC’s, it was the student’s.

Nothing against your organization but asking a student to wait for 3 months (if true!) for an engine overhaul is excessive. It should be up to your ATO to come up with a replacement aircraft or provide training at another ATO at no additional cost to student.

ACC_SLO
7th Mar 2021, 18:27
We are aware of that, but at the time, it was the only option unfortunately... however we have learned our lesson with that particular situation, so we modernised our entire fleet with brand new airplanes, so that situations like this would never happen again.

Mountainwaves
14th Mar 2021, 19:28
Mountainwaves:
- ACC is not “milking” anybody… we have a fixed price for Zero to ATPL, with all the costs included. If a student requires additional training in order to pass the exam with CAA examiner, the additional training is charged according to the published pricelist.

So the "options" that you offered the student were 2: wait months doing nothing because you don't have a plane (entering so the winter season and therefore the part of the year characterized by bad weather for flying activities) or PAY EXTRA MONEY to do the module with someone else? Well those are not really options.... I still stand by my point that you cannot ask a student to wait 4 months because you are unable to provide the service that the student paid for and even more unacceptable to charge a customer extra money because he cannot wait months doing nothing because of your fault in delivering a paid and agreed service.
Also you stated that the plane was under maintenance for months because of this engine overhaul, but then why, according to other students' logbooks, this particular plane was flying?
And also, why the student after this event had to wait again months to start this module? Another maintenance? Because the module in question has been activated for them only when another student got to the same point and had to start that same part of the training.

ACC_SLO
15th Mar 2021, 11:07
First of all, it was not 4 months, I believe it was 1 or 2 months...
Second, the airplane was on overhaul and was NOT flying at the time...
Third, if that particular student would complete the training modules (ATPL) sooner, or at least on schedule, he wouldn't be ready for IR right at the time when the airplane was on overhaul.

It's somewhat unfair from you (I guess you are this student or at least his friend), that you are dragging out this situation after more then 2 years since it happened, and are now running a public campaign of negative reviews against ACC over 1.500 EUR. When all we did was to try to solve the situation in the best and fastest possible manner (the student was in a hurry at the time), so that the student was able to finish the training and start looking for an employment.

We had absolutely no interest in delaying the student's training progress, and yes we agree that it was an unfavorable situation that we found ourselves in, but we were doing our best to solve it, and at the time and circumstances, it was the best option that was at hand. We have learned our lesson and this was the first and the last time something like this happened.

DickGalahama
7th Apr 2021, 11:34
I would stay away from this school. Everything is about money. Some of the instructors are really nice tho but the greediness comes from higher people in managment. The way they treat paying customers is disgusting. The GM doesnt even greet students most of the time.

It really takes away the joy of hour building for example... Theres better places to go guys.

internationalSchool
10th Apr 2021, 11:19
As former student of ACC I also would like to share my experience.
First of all it’s interesting to see how the school is trying now to call the opinion and experience of students as false and untrue.

During my time one aircraft (kilo) had for several times either partial operational brakes or sometimes no operational brakes. The FI always said yeah it’s fine just go. And this can confirm every Student that was at ACC between 2019 and 2020..

One student had to wait over 2 months to complete his IR because they had to change the engines on the aircraft. The school didn’t say anything and just let him wait.

Another Student had a bird strike then they wanted around 900 euros from him. In the end im not sure if he had to pay it because they asked him to remove a review(which he actually not did) then he would not have to pay additional money to extend the contract and maybe also not for the bird strike. But initially they wanted that money from him. If you Miha say that’s not true then you’re just a liar!

Otherwise there are so many examples when they tried to get more money from students. If anyone considers to join this school just contact some former students, pretty much everybody will tell you the same. Don’t go there!

And all of the theory lessons were just a disaster. Sometimes we were there for 15minutes talked a little bit and then the Instructor said: you can go home.

internationalSchool
14th Apr 2021, 11:03
First of all I had 45 hours for ppl and I didn't need any extra hour. I think you're talking about another former student.

Maybe you'd rather take those reviews as an incentive to improve ACC instead of acting unprofessional in public and sharing personal informations of a student.

I know its easy to let it look that it was only one guy that was not happy with the training. But if it would be really like this, I don't think it would be necessary as a School to answer that impulsive and attach a student with sharing personal informations online. Stay professional and take those reviews serious to improve ACC. Then out of my course that started 2019 nobody would go again to Aviation Career Center.