PDA

View Full Version : Resign your commission

newt
19th Dec 2020, 23:54
Just a thought from a long retired guy. Can you still resign your commission years after you left the service?

heights good
20th Dec 2020, 00:20
Just a thought from a long retired guy. Can you still resign your commission years after you left the service?

When you retire is your commission not terminated?

ORAC
20th Dec 2020, 06:08
It would seem so.....

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/508674/QRS_ch38.pdf

J2914. Retired Officers in Civil, Commonwealth, or Foreign Government Employment.
Sponsor: RAF Employment Policy

(1) An officer on retirement, or at any time following retirement, who wishes to accept employment with:

(a) the government of any country, including a Commonwealth country, whose nationals do not owe common allegiance to the Crown, or

(b) any organisation owned, controlled or sponsored by such a government, or

(c) any overseas police force, however it may be controlled, will, in all but the most exceptional circumstances, be required to resign his commission.

(2) Before accepting any such employment, the officer must notify Manning.

(3) On termination of such employment, it is normal for an officer's commission to be reinstated on request. Where the reinstatement of a commission is refused, the individual retains the right of complaint to the appropriate Service Board.

(4) Receipt of Service Retired Pay between the time of resignation and reinstatement is normally unaffected.......

Two's in
20th Dec 2020, 15:58
When I left, I just had to write to Betty and explain that unfortunately she could whistle for any reserve duty obligations, as I would in fact be taking the shilling from the foreign devils. It was definitely a case of me telling rather than asking. Odd that they've never called...