PDA

View Full Version : Messages not sending

finncapt
19th Dec 2020, 15:26
For the second time in the last few months, I have sent a PM to another member which, although I have pressed the send button, has not been received.

I have been a member for several years but accept that I have not posted much lately.

I know one of the two members personally and he did not receive my message.

I have resolved the matter via a mutual friend.

Have any other, long term, members of this site experienced similar?

Does one lose PM rights if one does not post regularly?

Saab Dastard
19th Dec 2020, 17:20
I have sent a PM to another member which, although I have pressed the send button, has not been received
Recipient's mailbox full? Probationary members have a tiny mailbox capacity - who is the intended recipient?
Does one lose PM rights if one does not post regularly?
No. Only if one is sent to the naughty step when one may become a probationary member, with no PM sending rights.

finncapt
19th Dec 2020, 18:31
The two persons are VP959 and Horace Batchelor.

I may also have sent a message to chris scott but cannot be certain.

Saab Dastard
19th Dec 2020, 22:54
No idea why VP959 didn't receive your message, unless his mailbox is full. Horace Batchelor would not appear to have visited the site for some considerable time, so if he doesn't log on he's never going to receive any PMs.

You are welcome to send me a PM to at least prove that you can send one!

SD

finncapt
20th Dec 2020, 05:42
PM sent.

Interestingly, my sent item mailbox now shows a PM to you and also to HB.

It showed no recent (within the past year) messages yesterday.

I would be fascinated to know why it has suddenly sprung into life but accept I may not.

Thanks for your help.å

IBobi
21st Dec 2020, 21:35
Some usernames are tricky to send PMs to. Make sure you sent it (look in your sent box) to the user you meant to. If not, type in their name into the TO box.