PDA

View Full Version : US VISA B1/B2 under National Interest Exception

voleto
19th Dec 2020, 13:12
Hello all,

I am required to obtain a B1/B2 VISA in order to conduct flight training in the US. I currently only have C1/D VISA and this is not sufficient for the travel. Has anyone recently got a B1/B2 VISA under the National Interest Exception (NIE), as I am struggling to find an interview date, as the earliest in the UK is currently in September 2021 and I need to conduct the training in Jan/Feb 2021. I have also tried other EU countries, but earliest I found was Germany in beginning of February and Poland same time.

I would really appreciate any advice in obtaining the B1/B2 VISA under NIE. I have tried to prove that my travel is urgent, but no luck so far and have now request an emergency appointment.

Thank you in advance!

B2N2
19th Dec 2020, 21:25
What makes you think you qualify?

These National Interest Exceptions (NIE) are exclusively based on national interests. Applicants must prove and justify that their entry into the United States is a matter of national interest in order to be exempted from the U.S. entry bans and get a waiver.

voleto
19th Dec 2020, 21:33
I will be conducting a Type-Rating and the organisation that I will be conducting it with assures me that the matter of the business directly impact the US Economy, which itself falls under NIE

selfin
19th Dec 2020, 22:36
Calm down. Anyone with an M or F visa comes under the exception automatically. A course of study cannot be pursued on a B class visa.

Climb150
20th Dec 2020, 03:13
A type rating is not a course of study. I don't think flight safety can even sponsor a student visa.