PDA

View Full Version : Maroomba - Perth

Badengo
17th Dec 2020, 03:44
Been noticing a lot of jobs being advertised for Maroomba in the last 12 months, everything from flight crew to ops to engineers even a CEO....
Is it a decent place to work?
I see they got another Dash100 ex PNG and there's talks of getting a Dash8-300 from somwhere... :/

They finally gained their Part 145 maintenance approval to conduct in house work which is a big move and a weird one if they're looking to save money.

Duck Pilot
17th Dec 2020, 09:13
What colour is the Dash 8 from PNG? White, P2-MCT by any chance?

Track5milefinal
17th Dec 2020, 09:43
Do they still operate the 2x Hawker 850's?

minigundiplomat
17th Dec 2020, 19:59
What colour is the Dash 8 from PNG? White, P2-MCT by any chance?

I believe MCT is still in POM.

Kagamuga
17th Dec 2020, 21:16
MCT - still in POM

MCI - exported to Maroomba in July 2019 as VH-AEP

JJ 789
19th Dec 2020, 12:29
Maroomba used to be a great place to work when under the ownership and guidance of Steve Young. Unfortunately the airline was bought out and taken over by two ex Cathay Pacific Captain's and a LAME and they've changed the whole culture of the business. Stripping costs and the service it was renowned for along the way. There has been a massive turnover in staff since the new ownership. Make of it what you will.
​​​​​​Also they don't operate the Hawker fleet anymore as they lost their long held Department of Premier and Cabinet contract this year.

Badengo
27th Jan 2021, 11:03
Yes I hear from many that it was a great place to be, not so much now with zero notice weekend work etc.

Also I see their old CEO of recent times is now with Hevilift and heading the charge on bringing the much newer and nicer ATRs over to WA, cannot be good for Maroomba.

Mr787X
5th Jan 2023, 01:25
Any further opinions on Maroomba?