PDA

View Full Version : Any American registered a/c operation from Europe?

SAS-A321
18th Aug 2002, 15:20
Do you know if there is any American registered aircraft operating from a base in Europe? Are you able to fly for the company in the a/c with a FAA license (I am a Non-UScitizen), when it operates out of a JAA country?

Check 6
18th Aug 2002, 17:01
Eurotrash, you certainly can. There is nothing to stop you.

CR2
18th Aug 2002, 17:55
do a search for BA-US freighters thread coupla years ago. It's all in there.

threestable
19th Aug 2002, 10:04
A321, try finding a FAR129 operator (N reg based outside of US). No green card required, and no union wrangles. Was in same position myself. Good luck... Co. I worked for since gone bust but I got 3 months out of them.

DownIn3Green
19th Aug 2002, 18:42
I flew an N reg B-727 based in AMS then later AGP for 8 months, and I was the only US pilot. The F/O was from Finland, F/E was English, and the F/A's were from Wales, so get off your high horse, Eurotrash.

I would have been glad to hire you if we needed someone, but no operation-foreign or domestic should have to put up with an attitude such as you displayed in your post.

GlueBall
19th Aug 2002, 19:17
US citizenship is not required to fly N numbered equipment. We have many foreigners with foreign passports and "green" cards who fly here. :cool:

Semaphore Sam
20th Aug 2002, 20:57
Eurotrash:
My wife, a Spanish citizen, flew contract for Fed Ex (Mt Air Cargo) for a year on Caravans (Fed Ex Contract, out of Tallahasse). Had she stuck it out, she was told a 757 F/O slot, in time, was hers (and, ultimately, Capt).

I tried, as a Yank, to get hired anywhere in the EU (747-400 rated); FORGET IT! Whatever point you're trying to make is just as your moniker suggests, TRASH! It's all one way; I've seen Aussies, Limeys, Frogs, etc at work over the last 20 years in the States. My wife (again, Spanish) ran a flying school in Florida; a Yank doing the same anywhere in the EU? Snowball's chance in hell! I've been embarrassed by the FAA at times, but JAR regs surpass all in substituting a closed shop for competence.

(BTW, concur in ur opinion of McDonald's, that trashy Scot Outlet)

mutt
21st Aug 2002, 04:12
Sam,

Your wife met the legal requirements to do this in the USA, now all that you have to do is meet the legal requirements for Europe!

There is nothing stopping you from obtaining European citizenship through your wife, converting your FAA licence at an incredible cost and then flying in Europe or even opening a flying school.

Anyway, I thought that you were on vacation! :)

Mutt.

Heilhaavir
21st Aug 2002, 17:01
Yes Eurotrash that has been done before in the US. Ryan Intl (US Airline) had British Pilots operate on US and British registered aircraft in the US and vice versa, would send our guys to Europe. That was seasonal and usually for 5-6 months on either side of the Atlantic.

As for the right to work in the US I was a perfect example, moved here years ago with a french passport and my wife and 3 kids' Swiss passport, flew the regionals with a work permit, later got the Green Card at the lottery (don't think the Swiss or the french would ever give out residence through a lottery). No "requirement" to be a US citizen to fly here, except for DOD ops.

You all fly safe,
Pat

Check 6
21st Aug 2002, 17:40
Eurotrash is certainly silent on the matter now. :D :D :D

CR2
21st Aug 2002, 21:47
I'm sorry I didn't pick up on this before. My fault for not reading the thread properly.
We have Americans in the European airline I work for (along with every nationality you can imagine). I've never heard of this kind of attitude in-house.

DownIn3Green
22nd Aug 2002, 02:42
CargoRat,

Thank you for this thread and for this forum....

cribble
24th Aug 2002, 08:55
Sorry, who or what is ment by Eurotrash ?

Brenoch
24th Aug 2002, 22:04
Suspect a character called eurotrash has deleted his/hers own reply or had it deleted by mod...

Dan Winterland
25th Aug 2002, 12:35
There are a few non-europeans (inc yanks) in my airline. You have to have the right to live and work in the EU to do so though.

Atlas have an operation at EGSS with N reg aircraft and FAA licenced pilots and engineers (although a lot of those are European) doing a British Airways ACMI contract, but this is gradually being replaced by Global Supply Systems at the insistance of the CAA by re-registering the aircraft with G regs and using CAA licensed personnel.

CR2
26th Aug 2002, 11:35
Yes Brennoch, that was the case. Some of our contributors are unable to argue a point without being downright nasty. It is not tolerated.