PDA

View Full Version : UPRT Training

Tuc88
15th Dec 2020, 10:15
Hello,

I have a question regarding UPRT training. I have been qualified on a CS25 aircraft for several years, I did my type rating at a time when UPRT trainings didn't exist. My understanding is that UPRT was required only for the *first* type rating in a multicrew environment, so thankfully I would never have to do this.

BUT...

I am now considering joining a new company operating a smaller aircraft, with a SPA qualification but operated by 2 pilots. EASA Part FCL.720.A reads:

"(a) Single-pilot aeroplanes
Applicants for the issue of a first class or type rating on a single-pilot aeroplane seeking the privilege to operate the aeroplane in multi-pilot operations shall meet the requirements in points (b)(4) and (b)(5).
(...)
(b) Multi-pilot aeroplanes
Applicants for the issue of the first type rating course for a multi-pilot aeroplane shall be student pilots
currently undergoing training on an MPL training course or comply with the following requirements:
(...)
(5) have completed the training course specified in FCL.745.A."

And FCL.745.A = Adv. UPRT training.

Because it's my first type rating on a single pilot aeroplane, does this mean I will have to do this UPRT training? To me this doesn't make any sense that I wouldn't have to do it if I wanted to get a rating on a new multi-pilot aeroplane, but I'd have to do it if I fly a single pilot aeroplane in a multi crew environment...

Anyone has some experience to share regarding this matter?

Many thanks

Rob Howarth
15th Dec 2020, 13:42
Hello Tuc88,

You are correct in your post. Although you will have completed/held a multi-crew type rating pre December 2019, if you are now transitioning to a single pilot high performance aircraft operating as multi pilot operations, you will be required to undertake FCL.745.A - Advanced UPRT - Aeroplane. With the ever changing World, we have had many examples of this need over the past 6 months.