PDA

View Full Version : Researching an RCAF member at Aden in WW2

Schroedinger
14th Dec 2020, 17:42
As with some of you, I'm doing Genealogy for the first time to pass the solitude. A relative of my wife, and my high-school vice-principal in New Westminster BC, has emerged as somewhat of an enigma. I have seen a picture of him in an officer's
cap. His daughter (my sister-in-law) says that he was RCAF (substantiated by the symbol on his gravestone) but seconded to the RAF, in the communications area. He apparently served in Aden (Khormakser?) in the early 40's, going on to serve later in the "western desert". I can find nothing on either the RAF or RCAF sites, and I don't have his service (squadron?) number. The meager details I have are:
James William Morrow, born 1911 and died 1999, both in British Columbia Canada. I would appreciate if anyone who knew him could let me know any details. If there is anyone who has done similar research could advise me of any further avenues to pursue. Thanks

longer ron
14th Dec 2020, 19:19
If you do not get any answers on here - you could register with RAF Commands and ask on the General Category Forum

If you scroll down this linked page you will see some of the results achieved,there are some very experienced researchers on there (for RAF and RCAF related queries) - might be worth an ask.

General Category (http://www.rafcommands.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?1-General-Category)