PDA

View Full Version : Knowledge Deficiency Report

shorehamite
12th Dec 2020, 10:04
I had this reference for a reference to a failed question on the PPL Nav. EExam :- 61.10.01.02
The person on the help-desk said it was on the nav advisory circular, i cant find any reference, can someone help me please?

Genghis the Engineer
12th Dec 2020, 12:37
That looks like an FAA, not a CAA or EASA reference.

G

Whopity
12th Dec 2020, 20:44
Sadly, its a classic example of the garbage that comes out of Gatwick theses days.

Big Pistons Forever
12th Dec 2020, 21:18
When I saw the title I thought that was the new politically correct nomenclature for a right good bollocking to a student who has done something really really stupid....

Alex Whittingham
12th Dec 2020, 21:19
061 is the EASA ref for the subject 'General Navigation'. Nothing beyond that though, there's no topic numbered '10' even in the ATPL syllabus...the second number group only goes up to 05....

BEagle
13th Dec 2020, 08:34
Your invigilator shoud have checked the reference (it is indeed a correct CAA PPL e-Exam Learning Objective reference) so that you could be properly debriefed.

Because EASA hasn't allocated LO numbers to the LAPL/PPL exams, the CAA was obliged to create their own.

shorehamite
15th Dec 2020, 16:22
Thanks BEagle, he couldn't find it, we looked at the EASA LO's and found they only went up to 61.05, where is this 61.10 to be found please.

MidlifeCrises
16th Dec 2020, 10:06
061.10.01.02 GPS, GLONASS OR GALILEO - Operation

These references can be found on the CAA Portal (PPL e-Exams -> Candidate Information -> PPL Syllabus)
They're not particularly descriptive, but are usually enough to work out which question was answered incorrectly!

BEagle
17th Dec 2020, 09:46
I have asked the CAA to make the LOs available on the e-Exam website either published as a CAP1903 document or as a hot link direct to the spreadsheet.

shorehamite
17th Dec 2020, 13:41
Thanks one and all for the information.

B61
10th Jan 2021, 19:42
If you look on PPL e-exams on the CAA website, they have the learning objectives as a series of documents labelled CAP2090A thru J to cover the 9 subjects.

Looking at the 061 section I can see the first five LOs are straight from EASA, and they have added the relevant Radio Nav ones as an additional 5.

Navigation should be 060, with Gen Nav as 061 and Radio Nav 062.

i can see a lot of ATPL tripe in the objectives, such as chart properties and working out wind velocity using the CrP-5. I trust that the exams just focus on the VFR chart symbols and airspace, how to work out heading and ground speed, and converting volume to weight?

The LO in question is with regards to GPS operation. Since you are reading from a device which does the job, what do you need to know other than it triangulates time based signals, is accurate to 30 metres laterally, and is not line of sight limited?