PDA

View Full Version : Air NZ - Props

KiwiAvi8er
10th Dec 2020, 06:17
A rare good news moment in aviation these days, looks like a reasonable amount of recently furloughed turboprop drivers will be getting the call back a lot earlier than expected :ok:

Anti Skid On
10th Dec 2020, 07:17
Was SLF for a trip ROT = WLG last week. Instead of the 3 a day Q300's we've been having twice a day ATR's, Similar capacity overall but decreased frequency, On both legs there was perhaps one empty seat, so the demand is there.

waren9
11th Dec 2020, 04:07
Yes, they are very carefully managing the schedule to keep load factors up. Now Shane Jones is gone, who's going to keep the flame to their feet regarding a decent schedule and pricing for the regions?

I suspect the gubbmint (as a shareholder and a lender) is quietly looking the other way hoping no one notices.

billyt
11th Dec 2020, 19:39
Yes, they are very carefully managing the schedule to keep load factors up. Now Shane Jones is gone, who's going to keep the flame to their feet regarding a decent schedule and pricing for the regions?

I suspect the gubbmint (as a shareholder and a lender) is quietly looking the other way hoping no one notices.

It's not a public service, it's a business and should be run accordingly.

KiwiAvi8er
11th Dec 2020, 22:52
Very nice!
Guess kiwis getting cabin fever is helping domestic tourism more than I thought!

The return of business travel is big factor apparently, bookings for next year are looking stronger than expected.

Still a long way to go for the company to recover from this, given how geared it is towards long haul travel.

Anti Skid On
12th Dec 2020, 02:29
The return of business travel is big factor apparently, bookings for next year are looking stronger than expected.

Still a long way to go for the company to recover from this, given how geared it is towards long haul travel.

The Herald were reporting Rarotonga will be opening its borders and we won't have to use MIQ from January, not much, but it's a start