PDA

View Full Version : Something strange with PPRuNe

Groundgripper
18th Aug 2002, 11:42
Well, more than usual!

I was browsing the Forums the other evening (14th August) and exited as usual without logging off. Now, whenever I open one of the forums I was reading that night, only the contributions up to 14th August are shown on the first page. If I go to the second page of the forum and then back to the first, it's updated with all the latest contributions:confused:

If I open a forum which I wasn't reading on the 14th August it opens as normal with the latest contributions:eek:

Anyone any idea WIHIH?

To emphasise the point, I've just tried logging out of PPRuNe completely, disconnecting from the net, getting back on again and logging back into PPRuNe. When I came back to this forum, I couldn't even read this thread with out going to page 2 and back! I thought it might be something wrong with the cookie - evidently not!!

What_does_this_button_do?
18th Aug 2002, 13:14
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm................

Nightrider
18th Aug 2002, 23:01
You may want to check how the Bill Gates system works after deleting all the temporary files and your history in IE...

TOOLS >> INTERNET OPTIONS >> TEMPORARY INTERNET FILES (delete files) as well as >> HISTORY (clear Hisytory)

Groundgripper
19th Aug 2002, 08:11
Whatever was causing it seems to have stopped - it's all working perfectly again now!!
Thanks for the sugggestion Nightrider. I thought it might be due to the fact that the internal battery seems to be going, the date's stuck on 14th August no matter how often I correct both it and the time, but that's obviously not the cause.
Strange about the battery, though, I only replaced it about six months ago - I feel another thread coming on...........:rolleyes: