PDA

View Full Version : Has the USA Committed Suicide?

Case One
8th Dec 2020, 02:09
I thought I’d stick this here instead of drowning it in the Jet Blast hamster wheel. It’s a serious question with serious implications. That country had been in a mess long before DJT took office, and the last four years have been unedifying. I don‘t intend to revisit them. However, I think Trump‘s unsupported accusations of widespread election fraud are the straw that broke the camel‘s back. A large minority of the US electorate no longer trusts their democratic system. Of course just because a nation of 330 million people is “dead”, just like a chicken when you cut it’s head off, it won’t stop moving. Personally I expect it to keep thrashing about in an increasingly erratic and spasmodic manner for maybe another 60 or 80 years. Or perhaps it could be for a far, far shorter time. Who can tell? One thing’s for sure, it’s very sad. They threw it all away.

My point is that a great many nations, including mine, the U.K, relied on the USA as a great friend. We have to face the fact that we cannot rely on it any more. We have to wake up and look out for ourselves. I don’t think our politicians realise this. They think Biden will save they day. He doesn’t even realise that his patient is dead, and that he needs the paramedics NOW. Even then it would only be a small hope.

Sorry to break the bad news. I’m sorry for my American friends (and relatives). We do need to snap out of thinking that things are going back to how they were. They aren’t. Never again. And we all need to plan accordingly. Putin still lives next door, and he’s still not a nice guy. Defence policy, trade deals. All at a critical juncture and I think our leaders are asleep.

Airbubba
8th Dec 2020, 02:27
Why, it's so terrible in America that you need to burn your Green Card application in protest. :)

But doesn't the usual PPRuNe Yank bashing thread belong in Rumours & News or Jet Blast?

West Coast
8th Dec 2020, 02:35
Take this to JB.

Lookleft
8th Dec 2020, 06:22
All you need is some despotic ruler of a large nation that has thoughts of world domination to invade a country that is democratic and I think the US will be there. Don't forget that prior to WW2 America had an isolationist policy and thought the Europeans could sort their own crap out. An event that occurred nearly 80 years ago showed what the US was capable of. Anyone who writes the US off despite its current problems just doesn't understand Western Democracy.

George Glass
8th Dec 2020, 07:04
Why, it's so terrible in America that you need to burn your Green Card application in protest. :)

But doesn't the usual PPRuNe Yank bashing thread belong in Rumours & News or Jet Blast?

Airbubba , we are your friends.
You should see what your enemies are saying.
Many , many people who respect and admire the US of A , admire its history and enjoy visiting there are dismayed at where the country is at the moment.
Some of us wonder whether its terminal to the US position in the world.