PDA

View Full Version : 070 OPS facilitation - ideas

hoduka
25th Nov 2020, 08:46
Dear all,

Im working on a project to help ATPL students in the understanding of the subjects that are a bit harder to comprehend. (ie there are no calculations, exercises etc)
I started with operational procedures as there are actually useful parts of syllabus which are a bit difficult to adapt for a usual good weather IR training - as you options are reduced in the SEP world in terms of usable weather for example.

My ideas so far around an imaginary flight staring from the crewroom with a given overall situation where theres a need of take off altn, problematic day to find a good destination alternate, maybe spice the whole situation wih and MEL/CDL item.
Then in flight replanning, calculating the minimum diversion fuel from the OFP. Effect of degraded equipment in form a NOTAM how does it affect the given approach.

Any other feedbacks would be greatly appreciated which help you during your studies or you picked up during line operations as a cadet or instructor.

Contact Approach
25th Nov 2020, 10:38
Good idea! Few things to think about:

- IFR planning minima / planned approach minima - capabilities
- MEL items / dispatch requirements
- Diversion airport requirements - rwys / lighting / approaches etc
- Airport Notams / handling / Lighting / Fuel availability/ Deicing / low vis Requirements
- is a takeoff alternate required? What’s a takeoff alternate?
- Fuel planning - TTCAFE - legal fuel req with/without alternates.
- Licence and aircraft document requirements
- Flight plan / aircraft equipment codes
- RNP requirements
- Emergency equipment required
- Enroute Wx - Sig Wx
- Customs / Visas

Im sure there’s many more, been a while since I sat ops but that’s what I have learnt from experience. Forgot to mention how many fire extinguishers I need per pax and what colour bread to have for breakfast but you get the jist.