PDA

View Full Version : Prof. RV Jones Royal Institution Xmas Lectures 1981

ROC man
21st Nov 2020, 15:35
Apologies if this has already been posted, I couldnt find a link after searching. In this lecture, Prof Jones, former ADI (Science) in the Air Ministry presents Measurement and Navigation in War, he is assisted by former Air Marshall Micky Martin who flew P Popsie in the dams raid.
https://www.rigb.org/christmas-lectures/watch/1981/from-magna-carta-to-microchip/measurement-and-navigation-in-war

DHfan
22nd Nov 2020, 09:39
More people should be aware of the part the then Dr R V Jones played in WWII. His book Most Secret War is highly recommended.

India Four Two
22nd Nov 2020, 11:36
Most Secret War is one of my favourite books, but I hadn't heard of these lectures. Thank you ROC Man.

I shall be passing the link on to a friend of mine who was taught by R V Jones at Aberdeen.

Bergerie1
22nd Nov 2020, 15:04
Thank you for that link. His book is one of the best and, now that I have seen this lecture, I will most certainly look at his other ones

Mearns Loon
22nd Nov 2020, 19:50
Many thanks about the link to RV Jones. I also was a student of his at Aberdeen University. I was also a member of the Aberdeen University Air Squadron where RV was also an honorary member. Mearns Loon.