PDA

View Full Version : My Google Earth is failing to connect . . .

Loose rivets
19th Nov 2020, 01:43
. . . to database. Not happy, I use it a lot, and it's covered in yellow pins where me old dead rellies used to live.

I've run Ccleaner on my PC and shut down everything else. Same. I see a flash of the local software running and then balck screen with the dialogue box in the middle. It does suggest it my be the server's fault, so, anyone else finding it's broke?

Null Orifice
19th Nov 2020, 10:39
My GE Pro is working as normal today - perhaps they don't do the UK night shift Rob! (based on your post's time)

Loose rivets
19th Nov 2020, 12:55
What I have done is not responded to an offer of a later version. Perhaps this is their way of telling me to change. Not an upgrade, but newer. So they say.

I just don't want to lose my pins. My mate's got over a thousand.

Asturias56
19th Nov 2020, 15:22
https://support.google.com/earth/answer/166438?hl=en

how to move pins.............

Loose rivets
20th Nov 2020, 02:15
Thanks for that. Moved X 2.

It's still doing it - or not doing it - so next I suppose a reload. I wonder what happened. I can see a flash of normality in the screen centre and in about the same place that the new software had been offered fro weeks. Garumph. Shoud've loaded the darn thing.

The thing is I've found my mother's folks in Denton, Greater Manchester. Also in Holywell in Flintshire. A hotel, no less. But my poor mum, aged 2, seems to have been abandoned by her mother who wanted to be on the stage. She dined out on having trod the boards with Sir Larry.

It's fascinating to get a feel of where folk lived, the actual houses, but my grandfather seemingly spent little time enjoying his success. Boss of the Middleton Electric Traction company, yet signs up 'At the outbreak'. Such a shame. Probably the flu that got him. More likely, gas and then flu.