PDA

View Full Version : Video problem

Cornish Jack
17th Nov 2020, 11:11
Recently unable to view video on the Beeb Iplayer. Discovered it was (apparently) the Beeb ceasing use of Adobe Flash. I downloaded and installed the recommended update and Iplayer now works OK ... but video on JB appears as a totally black rectangle with no script explanation - even for video content which I have linked.
Any remedies suitable for a non-nerd, semi-competent user, please? HP SFF W7 Pro 64 lots of HD space.
TIA

Cornish Jack
20th Nov 2020, 21:44
Just returned to Pprune after a restart and videos now working as advertised. No changes made other than the reboot, so can't offer any explanation or suggested fixes!

Cornish Jack
21st Nov 2020, 09:10
AL1 - just checked in again and back to square one - or, rather, square black! Nothing changed from yesterday, when it worked perfectly! "Curiouser and curiouser", said Alice.

Cornish Jack
5th Dec 2020, 13:23
Having deleted Adobe Flash, as recommended on the Loose Rivets thread, I tried again and things have changed ... for the worse. Whereas, initially the :mad: video commercial only popped-up on the Loose Rivets thread, it now happens on others BUT, not all ! No commonality among those threads affected and it only happens on this forum:ugh:. I have no idea what to try next, and, incidentally, videos on the whole PPrune forum appear as a black rectangle still!! :mad:

WB627
5th Dec 2020, 17:41
I deleted Adobe Flash on their recommendation then immediately realised that it might have not been the best thing to do. However, I have not had any problems with anything since doing so, but I do use Chrome as my browser. I went to Chrome from Edge a little while ago, when ADSB Exchange up graded and would not run on my PC (Edge) but was fine on my android phone using Chrome. It is a decision I have not regretted and even though Edge has been updated to work like Chrome and now runs ADSB, I am sticking with Chrome.