PDA

View Full Version : Weight and Balance

Faolan
15th Nov 2020, 20:45
Hi everyone, I'm a student as an AMT, one of my classes is online and the instructor isn't answering my emails. So, I'm coming to you guys for a bit of help.
I'm being asked to find the Center of Gravity Range on an aircraft that weighs 1,520 pounds and 99.4" from the Datum to LEMAC.
I've read the chapter about 10 times now hoping I've missed something, and have done a ton of searches and there's nothing to tell me how to find the range.
I'm not looking for an answer, just how to figure out the answer. This is all the information I'm given.

limbang
16th Nov 2020, 04:16
Access the Type Certificate Data Sheet (TCDS) for the individual aircraft, available on the FAA/EASA websites.

limbang
16th Nov 2020, 04:24
Almost forgot, the CG range is established by the manufacturer, don't think there is a formula per se.

Faolan
16th Nov 2020, 06:41
That's what the book said. My instructor seems to be recycling last semester's labs, which were made by a different instructor, without reviewing them. The AMT program at SUU is brand new and only in it's second semester, so I suppose mistakes are going to be there.
On a side note my instructor finally got back to me, said there wasn't enough information to find the range and that I should just calculate the CG, except the CG was given in the problem.

David J Pilkington
16th Nov 2020, 07:55
I assume this is a hypothetical aircraft not an actual one. You would've been given some additional data somewhere to enable you to do the arithmetic.

Faolan
16th Nov 2020, 14:05
Yes, it is a hypothetical aircraft.

NutLoose
17th Nov 2020, 11:28
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.aviatop.pierre.poidsetcentrage&hl=en_US&gl=US

any help?