PDA

View Full Version : Training School without landing fees

dns
15th Nov 2020, 12:17
I've been looking to start my PPL (well, re-do actually, I hold and expored FAA license) as a precursor to doing my CPL etc once the industry picks back up.

I've found a fair few decent looking schools which do the package at a reasonable price, but so many of them have a footnote saying that landing fees aren't included.

In some cases it's a few quid a go (which will quickly add up) but in others its an incredible amount of money. One local school is based at Liverpool John Lennon and it costs £35 a time!

Are there schools out there based at airfields which don't charge for landings, or is it just a highly inconvenient thing I have to budget for?

​​​​​

avtur007
15th Nov 2020, 14:09
ACS flight training in Scotland have no landing fees at their home base (Perth) during training.

Genghis the Engineer
15th Nov 2020, 17:48
I fly privately out of White Waltham, I pay about £340pa in club membership, but then all my landing fees are covered for the year.

selfin
15th Nov 2020, 18:15
The US private pilot certificate does not expire. You do not need to obtain an EASA PPL in order to undertake a modular EASA CPL course.

JakubEGSC
18th Nov 2020, 22:03
I did 60hrs hour building, NVFR, CPL, ME, IR in Poland (Grafprom in Bydgoszcz) and haven't paid one single landing fee :) at their controlled airport.

PPRuNeUser0178
19th Nov 2020, 20:08
Tayside aviation have no landing fees at Dundee and Fife Airports

TryingToAvoidCBs
19th Nov 2020, 21:32
I did 60hrs hour building, NVFR, CPL, ME, IR in Poland (Grafprom in Bydgoszcz) and haven't paid one single landing fee

But how much did you spend travelling to and from Poland + accomodation and living expenses? Was it worth it? I had friends who went to the USA to save money on hrs building, but spent more travelling there than they would have spent here in extra hourly costs + landing fees.

Seems like a pointless exercise.