PDA

View Full Version : Missing Airman 'died after climbing into bin'

NutLoose
13th Nov 2020, 12:31
Inquest told.. see

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-suffolk-54931963

Asturias56
13th Nov 2020, 13:11
Very sad - but apparently it happens quite often.....................

Tashengurt
13th Nov 2020, 16:42
An awful thing to know that your child is in a landfill and there's nothing you can do to find him.

I'm sure the search must've been quite a miserable undertaking too.

NutLoose
13th Nov 2020, 16:46
Agreed......

SimonK
13th Nov 2020, 16:49
Awful. But at least there’s some closure now and the alternative posed in the press (abduction and murder) never happened. RIP.

Kiltrash
13th Nov 2020, 17:17
Terrible way to die but is a useful reminder to go in a group and don't separate. Considering he was in the Services that would be ingrained in the group. To look after each other

PapaDolmio
14th Nov 2020, 06:24
The whole case is very odd, lots of detail missing in the BBC report about events before he went missing, his RAF career and his personal life.

The RAF were very quiet in the weeks following his disappearance, not what you would normally expect.

The family's behaviour has also been quite odd as well, admittedly I would probably behave differently if it was one of my siblings however some of the things coming from the family were unusual- especially the mother (who is/was) a serving police officer and would know Police investigation processes.

Note the inquest is adjourned until February so this is not the final word.

Asturias56
14th Nov 2020, 07:15
The whole case is very odd, lots of detail missing in the BBC report about events before he went missing, his RAF career and his personal life.

The RAF were very quiet in the weeks following his disappearance, not what you would normally expect.

The family's behaviour has also been quite odd as well, admittedly I would probably behave differently if it was one of my siblings however some of the things coming from the family were unusual- especially the mother (who is/was) a serving police officer and would know Police investigation processes.

Note the inquest is adjourned until February so this is not the final word.

I think it was commented on on here at the time - it's probably best not to go there - it won't change anything but may cause a lot of hurt to people