PDA

View Full Version : Netgear extender will not synch with Router

Pontius Navigator
10th Nov 2020, 12:18
I have a Netgear EX2700 wifi range extender. It was working but after a power interrupt I can no longer synch with the Huawei Router. Power and WPS lamps are green Device lamp is off. I have tried both a wired connection with my laptop and a WPS connection when it is next to the router. I have tried a factory reset in both methods and it still fails to connect.

In the laptop connection, during setup, it finds the Router Network but fails to connect.

Netgear Community has some similar problems but there is no answers displayed. Can anyone suggest where to start?

Ancient Observer
10th Nov 2020, 14:20
Could it be one of the "take it out of the socket and leave it for a few hours" (overnight) sorts of problems.??

My TP Link Powerline Adapters have required that in the past after a power interruption. They seem to behave themselves nowadays...................(cross fingers)

Pontius Navigator
10th Nov 2020, 14:55
AO, no, it has been ongoing for a week or so. When plugged in it captures nearby devices but of course no internet connectivity so it is off more than on.

theFirstDave
10th Nov 2020, 16:37
Have you checked in the Huawei Router settings, being able to specify an extender & enter the MAC address of it? Sometimes that works better then having the extender contact the router for them to sync up.

Pontius Navigator
12th Nov 2020, 08:58
Have you checked in the Huawei Router settings, being able to specify an extender & enter the MAC address of it? Sometimes that works better then having the extender contact the router for them to sync up.
Thank you, I haven't ignored you, just the computer has been 'down' for a day with the latest MS update and is still flaky. I have the MAC but I might need some guidance IDC on following your advice. I will come back but I do.

Pontius Navigator
14th Nov 2020, 17:43
I went into my Router settings and was able to find IP and MAC addresses for the devices but no idea how to enter this extender and its MAC. Any suggestions please.

jimjim1
15th Nov 2020, 03:59
I would do a factory reset and set it up again.

Note same room suggestion for initial setup - but NOT TOO CLOSE. Say a few feet away or more. Manual seems pretty clear as these things go. Try WPS method first for sure.

https://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/EX2700/EX2700_UM_EN.pdf

Pontius Navigator
15th Nov 2020, 10:38
Thank you. I had tried a factory reset twice, I shall give it one more go.

I must say I will not buy Netgear again, not because of this but their lack of free support over 90 days.