PDA

View Full Version : Additions to the RAAF fleet

Airbus A380
7th Nov 2020, 11:40
Which aircraft do you believe should be considered for the RAAF fleet?
I'd like to see the Airbus A400M Atlas as a possible replacement for the slightly outdated C-130 Hercules.

NutLoose
10th Nov 2020, 12:10
Might be outdated but they still are going strong.

rattman
10th Nov 2020, 19:28
Which aircraft do you believe should be considered for the RAAF fleet?
I'd like to see the Airbus A400M Atlas as a possible replacement for the slightly outdated C-130 Hercules.

I dont think the herc will be gone anytime soon, the 400 was looked at early 2000's and was rejected. Cant see the current status of plane reversing that in any way shape or form.

Maybe the Embraer C-390 might be a worthy replacement, but cant see the C-130 leaving service any time soon

There is honestly no holes that need filling in the RAAF's fleet of aircraft, the only area I think is lacking in the ADF as a whole is ground support. With the black mark that is the tiger in army service maybe some form of ground support aircraft like super tuccano or a C-27 spartan as a baby version of C-130 gunship

TBM-Legend
10th Nov 2020, 21:15
C-130J's are still in production and very supportable. In places like PNG the C-27/C-130 combo works well. The A400M too big and heavy for many airfields in our immediate AOA. C-17 fits our heavylift requirements. My RAAF colleagues tell be that our problem is not enough cabs taking into account maintenance and training etc. A few more KC-30A's would be welcome for the same reason.