PDA

View Full Version : European Flight Training??????????????

The Flying Lamb
10th Mar 2001, 07:34
Heard rumours about a new school in Vero beach or Fort Pierce, Florida..... Gather they have or are about to get full JAA approval, PPL to ATPL at a very modest rate???? Anybody heard anything????

CreepMark
10th Mar 2001, 07:41
Yeah, be a good choice Flying Lamb......I am currently completing my CAA IMC and Night and will be enrolled shortly on the JAA CPL/IR. Aircraft currently used are C172, Beechcraft Duchess, Piper Arrow and their brand new premises offer all you need. Accomodation a mere snip and well furnished all within easy reach of Fort Pierce Airport. If you need any info e-mail me.

------------------
Climb Aboard, lets have some fun.

The Flying Lamb
10th Mar 2001, 07:47
Creepmark.......
Glad to see I'm not the only one working at this stupid time of the morning....
Can you tell me a little bit more about the company as in is it run by the usual lame type foreigners or are we fortunate to have some Brits there??

CreepMark
10th Mar 2001, 07:57
Well, they don't come better than this..E.F.T is run and owned by two guys Who recently were the 'Main Men' at PanAm. Ben Wood is the Chief flying Instructor and Trevor Brackston is the Head of Training, of which they both held the same posts at PanAm. They are in direct competition although it all leans favourably to E.F.T as they are shortly to become fully approved to offer the Jaa training from Pleb to Jet Jockey. Take my advise Lamb, many companies say they can offer these licences and training packages but not all are as good as this. Aircraft are great with onsite 24 hour maintenance, a 10 day IMC means 10 days, not 3 weeks if you're lucky. The instructors are great, most professional ones i have come across in 300 hours of training. There are plenty of schools to choose from, but having visited 5 schools in Florida, these are definately the best.......my opinion only, granted.

------------------
Climb Aboard, lets have some fun.

The Flying Lamb
10th Mar 2001, 08:02
Thanks Creepy!
Can you give me any details on how to contact them so I can suss them out for myself?

------------------
come, come, come! We'll have no trouble here!!

CreepMark
10th Mar 2001, 08:07
Lambsy...
I am sure they would be happy to give you any details.... You can e-mail them at [email protected] or call them on :
001 561 388 0834
Or if you want you can e-mail me (just check the "who am I" bit).
Got to go now.. Someones got to keep this airline running!
Take it easy

TipTop
10th Mar 2001, 11:48
EFT should be fully approved on the 26th March. Courses will probably start in the first week of April.
CreepMark is spot on!

Regards.............TipTop

Blindside
10th Mar 2001, 14:56
Slightly too obvious fellas......

Bear Cub
11th Mar 2001, 07:33
Two questions spring to mind....

1) As you guys are actually training at EFT at the moment who's computer are you using to log with?

2) As EFT have not been trading for ten days - how do you know they can finish an IMC in that time?

Third question actually...how did they manage to get an approval from the CAA over the telephone? They have not had an inspection visit. I bet that will impress Henri.

EFT.CFI
11th Mar 2001, 19:49

The CAA are due to inspect EFT's facilites on the 26th March 01, This inspection will be for FULL JAA modular approval, PPL, NIGHT, MEP, CPL(A), IR(A), FI(R) plus the national IMC rating.

EFT has been trading since Jan 05 01.

The CAA have given EFT a dispensation to conduct training for the national IMC rating, but not for JAA Licences or ratings until full approval has been granted.

The peviously mentioned email address for myself is incorrect, the correct address is: [email protected]

If anyone wishes further information or training advise, please feel free to contact me.

TooHotToFly
11th Mar 2001, 22:44
That's the advantage of doing it at 4 in the morning - no other posts to get in your way.

RRAAMJET
12th Mar 2001, 06:22
I admire Mr. Woods for coming online here to reply - that's more like it. If you're going to defend a school, do it in a neutral fashion stating the FACTS, just like he did. No "our housing is better than their no-tell motel across the runway" garbage. Personally, I would give him more consideration than "Henri"'s fiascos earlier in the year; I think this has set the standard for flight schools to officially reply to this forum. No nonsense.

If you're wondering why I'm interested, I help keep a directory of Flight Schools and Colleges at AA's Mentor Office to help kids and parents of the program. No recommendations - just info....so I read these pages often. Sifting through the rubbish posted here occasionally, can be tiresome.

Just my thoughts ( not AA's!!! )

CreepMark
15th Mar 2001, 21:50
Bear Cub.....
Good to see that B Wood put you in your place, just wondering why you were doubting my judgement. As you've learnt, they are approved and have been for some time, the computer I used is my own lap-top and the I.M.C took 9 days (not 10!)

My posting was to inform other wannabee's of my experiences, good ones at that! After all, I thought that's what PPRUNE was all about.

Suggest you chill........

rolling circle
16th Mar 2001, 02:07
Point of order, CreepMark. They are not approved! The inspection, as Ben admits, is not until 26 March 01 and the approval will be issued some time after that. Remember that CAP 682 says "An organisation may not commence, conduct or continue training courses requiring approval unless it has the relevant approval document in its possession". It's all very well getting a verbal go-ahead but we all know that a verbal contract is not worth the paper it's written on (sorry, Sam).

Training for the UK PPL and associated ratings does not yet require approval.