PDA

View Full Version : MALETH A346 FLIGHTS TO JFK

BRISTOLRE
5th Nov 2020, 19:27
Interesting package of flights currently going on with the ex-Virgin A346s on the BOH-JFK-BOH legs at present all cargo presumably.
These were doing daily flights to/from China now the JFK services for Maleth/European Cargo
Are these charters or are they available for freight forwarders to book freight onto?
Great to see these aircraft in regular usage still in the basic VS colours without the brand name of course

Flitefone
5th Nov 2020, 20:55
Still doing China, the boss has mentioned US & Africa in interviews too. JFK seems to be DHL.

https://t.co/ynqjTQhROn

FF

BRISTOLRE
6th Nov 2020, 07:48
Still doing China, the boss has mentioned US & Africa in interviews too. JFK seems to be DHL.

https://t.co/ynqjTQhROn

FF

excellent, good luck to them with this, there are Niche markets opening up now with the significant loss of passenger lift and aircraft like the 747 / A380 pax being withdrawn on certain routes

dixi188
6th Nov 2020, 07:54
I wonder if a full conversion with main deck cargo door on the A340 would add up. It would have to match the B777 freighter to be viable.
I guess there is a shortage of belly freight capacity at the moment with a lot less pax flights accross the pond.

Dropoffcharge
6th Nov 2020, 10:04
Is good to see Bournemouth's potential being utilized, a decent sized runway and facilities enabling this kind of operation, one of the very few aviation positives in these current covid times.

Buster the Bear
7th Nov 2020, 17:24
I think the New York flights are linked into Amazon.

Flitefone
7th Nov 2020, 19:53
I think the New York flights are linked into Amazon.
Maybe, freight seems to arrive in DHL logo'd trucks, a much simpler (quicker) operation than would be necessary at a larger airport. Either way, its good to see. As regards the freight door question, the airline has already ruled that out. The aircraft has long legs and a terrific cargo capacity with the new cargo STC, so expect to see them in use - probably world wide - for the foreseeable future. Lufthansa, Swiss, Hi-Fly and lately Plus Ultra also doing a lot of freight work with A340s, albeit mainly the -300.

China, Malaysia, India, North America, and Africa seem to be where the demand lies - all to/from Europe.

FF