PDA

View Full Version : Opening Screen

gehenna
4th Nov 2020, 09:14
Sorry Folks, but I ask for your help again.

When I wake my computer up from its sleep, a web page for 'Bing' automatically opens up. Can anyone please tell me in simple terms how to stop this annoying feature from happening.

Thanks as always.

Gehenna

Jhieminga
4th Nov 2020, 12:16
Right-click the Taskbar and open Task Manager. On the Startup tab do you see Edge or Bing or another app or startup service that might be causing your browser to open? You may need to click on 'more details' in the bottom left corner to see the tabs. Right-click on the offending line and select 'disable'.

gehenna
4th Nov 2020, 14:47
Hi Jhieminga

Thank you for that information, however neither Bing nor Edge are on the list. Do you have any more suggestions? This only happens when the computer is woken from 'sleep' mode.
Thanks

jimjim1
4th Nov 2020, 20:12
You could have a look to see if there is a Scheduled Task configured for "On Wake" or whatever the exact term is. Ah, there is no pre-canned on-wake event it seems (at least on my windows) but it is possible to trigger on Event log events.

Open Task Scheduler to see what is configured. Naturally enough:{, modern windows installations seem to have a lot of scheduled tasks.

It may not be entirely straight forward to determine what is going on and there may be more than one way to trigger the event.

You may have to open each configured event and look in the Triggers, and Actions. Bear in mind that the description may not exactly reflect the nature of the task.

It might cause problems if you delete the wrong thing.

This might help.

https://sumtips.com/how-to/run-program-windows-wakes-up-sleep-hibernate/