PDA

View Full Version : CASA CEO - Carmody - request your support via this survey

Mumbai Merlin
4th Nov 2020, 07:22
Following is a request from CASA's CEO and Director of Aviation Safety Shane Carmody:

How are we doing? Please let us know!

We're conducting a short survey of the aviation community to see how we're performing.
Your members' feedback will help us identify whether we've improved since our last survey two years ago, and where we still have work to do. It will focus our efforts on the things most important to our clients.
Please lend your support by encouraging your members to participate.
If you like, you could simply forward the following to your members.
CASA is conducting a 10-minute online survey of the aviation community to see how we're performing.
The survey is being conducted by an independent company, Faster Horses Consulting, so you can be perfectly frank in sharing your views. Your feedback will never be connected to you. Only de-identified aggregate survey results will be published (see the previous results on our website, for example (https://australianwarbirds.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=1311b8f2d433eebf474f41a26&id=c448ee1320&e=e930345611)).

Start the survey...

https://fasterhorses.au1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_5b6TKXbo74GzPyB?utm_source=Swift%20Digital&utm_medium=Email (https://australianwarbirds.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=1311b8f2d433eebf474f41a26&id=653a85563e&e=e930345611)

We strongly encourage you to provide your feedback on this survey, on behalf of all of our members. If you have any other questions please email [email protected]
Thanks for taking a moment to support your aviation community at this difficult time.

Shane Carmody
Chief Executive Officer and Director of Aviation Safety

aroa
4th Nov 2020, 07:52
what a sick joke !! Right now, FFS with the covid catastrophe and GA down on its knees, He really is in a Furzer St fairyland.

All I can say the Fast Horses Consultants wont revive a dead nag. CAsA like the Cup injury,,,should be put down.
FAA regs . New agency with a MInister AND serious oversight. With nothing less. Kiss GA goodye

ps read the survey have a laugh at some of/all of the questions or have a bucket handy

PinkusDickus
4th Nov 2020, 08:51
I looked at the calendar to be absolutely certain it wasn't April 1st.

Carmody may as well put his head in the stocks, provide endless boxes of eggs and tomatoes, and invite all GA pilots along.

harrryw
4th Nov 2020, 09:16
Only survey I have ever had to put almost all of the answers in the left column.

machtuk
4th Nov 2020, 09:38
Ya gotta admit one thing, the fools in CASA really are away with the fairies & offer some form of entertainment out of their grubby corrupt empire!

Office Update
4th Nov 2020, 10:57
This is an attempt to deflect attention away from the Glen Buckley issue.

Carmody needs to assure the Senate and others that he is doing such a great job and is well loved by the Industry. If you have ever met the slimy scumbag you will observe at first glance he is dishonest, smirks, intolerant of anyone of lesser importance. He will never sit at the "cool kids table"

thorn bird
4th Nov 2020, 18:29
" The survey is being conducted by an independent company, Faster Horses Consulting, so you can be perfectly frank in sharing your views. Your feedback will never be connected to you. Only de-identified aggregate survey results will be published"

If you believe that, I have a nice big bridge you may be interested to purchase.

megan
4th Nov 2020, 22:34
Done, as harrryw said, the left column certainly got a work out, could only see it supporting Glen's case.

deja vu
4th Nov 2020, 23:45
This reminds me of those on board surveys that Airlines used to run. In my old company typically the Chief Purser would chose a few upgraded pax, ply them with additional goodies then offer a survey form and collect them a couple of hours before landing. They would be then brought to the cockpit for censoring, accompanied by a good laugh and any that suggested anything less than 10 out of 10 would be dumped into the bin.

holdingagain
5th Nov 2020, 00:55
Done, as mentioned above it’s not easy to apply a tick to boxes anywhere to the right of the far left side.

Lead Balloon
5th Nov 2020, 04:50
I can’t find a reference to this survey on CASA’s website.

aroa
5th Nov 2020, 04:57
So there you have it. A brief consensus.
Smirky Carmody is a big departing zero. And the CAsA he leaves behind scores a big zero as well.
One day out in this hot wx, I could smell the dead nag;s carcass as soon as it came out the gate..
Only Fast Horses Consulting wins this weeks financial prize. I;ll go 20 to 1 theyve made a bundle for SFA'
Not only a sick joke but a waste of taxpayers money as well.
With CAsA...always trying to polish the turd, ...wasit ever thus.

triadic
5th Nov 2020, 05:37
According to AOPA if you receive the em about the survey from CASA and you decide to forward to others the link does not work for them. AOPA have a working link on their Facebook page for those that might be interested. Certainly gives the left hand column a work out! Now why would they do that??

thunderbird five
5th Nov 2020, 08:35
You aint seen NUTHIN. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVSmRno3pfY
Senator: CASA culture is against flying.
Carmody: "I reject your version of reality, and substitute my own."
Senator: Jesus.. you need to get out more buddy.

josephfeatherweight
5th Nov 2020, 08:54
I never got this link to the survey by any of my email addresses (which usually receive emails from CASA) - is this legit?

Lead Balloon
5th Nov 2020, 09:09
I think the survey is legitimate but I don’t think us nobodies were supposed to get any invite to respond.

Ng5
5th Nov 2020, 09:47
There was a presentation by Ben Morgan from AOPA today in which he advised that the invitations to paticipate in the survey have only been sent to carefully selected people. As a Bristell owner who has been under constant attack from CASA for the past couple of years I’m not surprised to have missed out on an invitation. AOPA did manage to provide a link to the organisation running the survey that allows the great unwashed to have their say.

Mumbai Merlin
5th Nov 2020, 09:51
I started this thread. And the link is genuine and so is the survey.

I followed up and made a few phone calls. The arsehole Carmody selected various groups to respond. The organisations he selected to send the email to were by and large groups that rely upon CASA for assistance is self regulation. I believe that the email requests were sent to the parachute, glider, ag industy groups. The warbirds have confirmed to me that they received Carmody's passionate plea.

There is every chance that this was a selective mailing and targeting people that need CASA to self regulate.

I would be happy to bet a "sheep station" that Glen Buckley did not receive an email request to participate.

When you deal with low life people; you have to fight back and say enough is enough.

Lead Balloon
5th Nov 2020, 10:03
Astonishing, MM.

I reckon the results of this survey won’t see the light of day.

Runaway Gun
5th Nov 2020, 18:25
In that video, Carmody says that he investigates only allegations that contain Facts.

But in my communications with CASA, over the telephone, they do not supply you with their full name, nor are they willing to communicate their thoughts via mail or email.
It's all "In my opinion...", or "I interpret this as...", and they simply won't back it up in writing.

So obviously I can't present facts when there is no record.

Ng5
5th Nov 2020, 22:56
I’ll bet RAAus one of CASA’s main simpering syncophants who rely on CASA for a significant portion of their funding would have had enough invitations to include the office staff who answer the phones.

Vag277
5th Nov 2020, 23:55
Ng25
Regardless of the views of the survey, you are writing rubbish regarding RAAus CASA funding. It is less than 1% of RAAus revenue. You are obviously not a member and don't like them for some obscure, uninformed reason!

Lead Balloon
6th Nov 2020, 00:08
It's not just about money paid by CASA. It's also about the effective monopoly gifted by CASA to RAAus (nee AUF).

Sunfish
6th Nov 2020, 00:08
Nothing received from SAAA or RA Aust about this matter.

Lead Balloon
6th Nov 2020, 00:12
I'm guessing the RAAA would have received an invite.

Vag277
6th Nov 2020, 00:21
There is nothing to stop another organisation applying for Part 149 delegation/authorisation to do the same thing.

aroa
6th Nov 2020, 00:30
Carmody... "only investigates allegations that contain facts"
3 AWis all swear the same testimony for something that did not and could not occur. Definitely not factual so is Perjury and conspiracy. FACT
Carmody changes wording of "allegations of criminality" to 'code of conduct' only. Then signs off on an 'investgation' into 'code breaches' only. thus avoiding the criminal aspect FACT. Costing the taxpayer 1/4 mil$+ for the perversion. FACT
AFP suggest the Criminal Code sections as breached , but decide its a low priority #, in their big drug busting scheme of things, not worth the mustard. FACT.
Sigh of relief from Aleck, promoting that it would be better dealt with by the QPS.anyway..but never went there. FACT.
ergo Carmody is untruthful. FACT.

Ng5
6th Nov 2020, 00:32
Vag227 are you seriously saying that Raaus do a good job in advocating for their members? Just for the record I am a financial member but you are correct in that Im not very happy with them.

Lead Balloon
6th Nov 2020, 01:14
There is nothing to stop another organisation applying for Part 149 delegation/authorisation to do the same thing.
Because you haven't been around that long, Vag, you don't know or understand the long history, only the most recent chapter of which provides that theoretical option. Give us an estimate of the upfront fee payment CASA would charge to consider a Part 149 authorisation. In round 10s of thousands.

Vag277
6th Nov 2020, 01:56
Assumptions... I first started negotiations with CASA in 1989!

Lead Balloon
6th Nov 2020, 02:09
You didn't answer the question, Vag. Give us an estimate of the upfront fee payment CASA would charge to consider a Part 149 authorisation. In round 10s of thousands.

And since you've been around so long, tell us how much the AUF paid for the exemption it enjoyed (and continues to enjoy as RAAus).

josephfeatherweight
6th Nov 2020, 04:11
I think it is more than a little embarrassing for CASA that the existence of this survey has been discovered and that it is obvious that it has not been disseminated to their client base - perhaps only select receivers.
How is that a "survey"?

Lead Balloon
6th Nov 2020, 04:30
CASA has 'form' in that regard. The invitation to respond to the survey previous to this one went to a limited range of respondents, because the previous survey to the previous survey was open and the results rather unflattering for CASA.

tail wheel
6th Nov 2020, 21:17
Is that "survey" genuine? "Fasterhorses"??

It appears very amateurish and devoid of any CASA authority or confirmation of being genuine?

:confused:

josephfeatherweight
6th Nov 2020, 22:35
I continue to have my doubts, too, Tail-ey.
The questions are so weighted towards the negative, I can't see how they've come from CASA...
I don't believe they share the same dim view of themselves! :}
It appears very amateurish
It's possible to re-do the survey over and over again - no way this came from CASA.

Sunfish
7th Nov 2020, 00:15
https://fasterhorses.consulting

‘’This is a marketing consulting organisation. I fail to understand why CASA has to market itself to anyone. They don’t have to be “customer oriented” at all because they have the right to virtually kick down your front door metaphorically speaking.

Perhaps this is the harbinger of a new caring and sharing new age approach from our beloved regulator?

aroa
7th Nov 2020, 06:39
Its Carmody's last hurrah...or up-chuck. Thankfully)
Knowing the type of people in the Iron Ring I doubt any new approach for the GA Industry
They have that already.. snaring our wealth and caring for themselves.!!

zanthrus
7th Nov 2020, 13:22
Print the survey out if you can, wipe your arse with it , post it in a post pack (well sealed), and post it direct to Carmody. :E

Office Update
8th Nov 2020, 05:15
If you are using a VPN server complete the survey say 20 times selecting a different IP address each time from the list available.
Don't mind admitting, I've completed the survey in Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne, Hong Kong, New Delhi, Bombay, England, and USA.
fasterhorses? just crap fast sh@t..

Checkboard
8th Nov 2020, 09:22
This will just result in the survey being declared invalid, and ignored for that reason, rather than it being ignored for no reason.

aroa
8th Nov 2020, 22:35
Great idea Zanthrus but...you may well get a letter back threatening you with prosecution for .."using a carriage service with an obscene, threatening and offensive message"

They can dish it out but make any push back comments about their perfidy and idiocy...they really hate that. But they have plenty of time and money to waste on threats that may or may not be so idle.
We sure have entered well into the age of Bureaucratic Stalinism.

Stickshift3000
13th Nov 2020, 21:35
.... and CASA's survey has been suspended.

https://www.australianflying.com.au/latest/casa-suspends-survey-claiming-aopa-interference

Sunfish
13th Nov 2020, 23:23
Reading the article, I fail to understand CASA's "Sampling Methodology" argument because they don't appear to have explained what their target market is nor how their sampling produces an unbiased assessment. CASA is however correct in its assessment that AOPA interference will bugger up the survey because angry old farts will self select to respond at a higher rate than satisfied customers. This is why most media polls are BS.

On Government consulting work it is possible to use the services of The Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) to help produce a representative sample. Give them the database of ARN holders along with your questionnaire and pay their fees. They can generate a random sample, post it out, de-identify the returns and give you your results. Simples. I've done it that way years ago.

Mumbai Merlin
14th Nov 2020, 00:31
If you go back to the very first post. As received by me from WARBIRDS, the email link directs you to "fasterhorse****" So why is Carmody complaining about AOPA posting direct links?