PDA

View Full Version : Marmara Airlines Turkey - Legit?

CFM69
2nd Nov 2020, 09:48
Hi there,

For those of us looking for another flying job, please beware!

This morning I received an email from Marmara Airlines, supposedly a new start up airline based in Turkey, stating that I had been accepted for a position of Captain (no type specified) without even having interviewed with them. :ooh:
This was about three weeks after I sent in my CV to the airline which was listed on one of the aviation job sites.

When I asked via email what aircraft they are flying, the response was the aircraft I had listed on my CV (B737 variants) even though the airline's website states they fly with Airbus...

The catch to get this job moving forward? You have to send in money for a Foreign Workers Permit.

This looks fishy to say the least.

Please beware!

PilotLZ
2nd Nov 2020, 16:17
Sounds a lot like the once-popular emails from a prince in exile from a certain African country who would share his huge heritage with you as soon as you transferred him some cash for administration costs.

On a serious note, if there's no mention of an airline anywhere on the web, what's the chance of it being an existing, legitimate carrier? I say extremely low. Unless it's some small owner operation established to serve someone rich and his immediate family only, there isn't any chance that an airline doesn't become known to the wide public well before its first actual flight. There's usually some public info even about startups which are yet to obtain their AOC, let alone about established companies.

sonicbum
2nd Nov 2020, 17:11
You should see how many uncles and cousins I have in different part of the world who just can’t wait to leave me several millions 😄

j.nips
2nd Nov 2020, 23:21
Nigerians should up their game. Inheriting a couple of million is not gonna cut it in 2020. Offering a pilot job (with certain prerequisites of course) flying a millionaire's shiny jet should, however. :D

FlyIn10emEx
3rd Nov 2020, 17:27
Hello to you and anyone reading this.
The same e-mail came to me this morning, however for the cabin crew position. I've managed to find the site which appears legit but the link from the mail redirected me to the Onourair's almost blank booking page. I had even looked up for the AOC nr through the DGCA - not there. Unfortunately no e-mail address to contact and to send an enquiry to any relevant person from the DGCA, phone numbers only.
The conditions from the received Contract are too good to be true for the normal times, meaning for this pandemic crazy times, the conditions are the Utopian dream.
I do believe we all should be extra cautious if proceeding with the application process.
Stay safe and take care 😷

aircraft_engineer
5th Nov 2020, 12:29
It's a big scam, enormous fraud. Same happened to me, received a confirmation i got hired and no interview needed. The benefits are from a different galaxy, seemed suspicious from the very beginning.
When I asked what documents they need from me, they were not capable to come up with anything. So i quickly realized it was a scam, not a single thing with the aviation world. The website is fake, it doesn't have any functional feature. You can't even look for flight tickts.... And they insist in paying them an enormous amount for obtaining a working permit... the agency that is supposed to take care of the permits, etc., does not exist on the internet.. no page, no official company email, nothing... it has an extension "yandex" and if you search the internet you will see is a navigation platform from Indonesia... and they sign the email with "Management" :) . So yes, it's a BIG SCAM!

BIG SCAM! Fake website! Fake emails, fake agency!

squarecrow
8th Nov 2020, 09:48
Sounds like the same as the Fake Aerovista scam posted in the ME Forum and
on this one,

https://www.pprune.org/middle-east/630357-aerovista.html

pilotoexpatriado
14th Jun 2022, 20:28
This hapen to me for the second time. They gave me a fantastic opportunity of job, too good to be true. Be aware about Marmara Airlines, seems do be something suspicious.

Khawas
15th Jun 2022, 19:19
I received an appointment letter from marmara airlines Turkey, which Is seems likely fake because they are demanding money for issuance of FWC foreign workers certificates