PDA

View Full Version : W10 Update last night lost my desktop wallpaper

Loose rivets
30th Oct 2020, 23:34
Or whatever it's called these days. A picture of the old house I grew up in has been on my PC for years. Suddenly ink black nothingness. I even switch the desktop icons off because I want to start with a relaxed mind. Huh!

Anyone else had a problem with recent update?

jimjim1
31st Oct 2020, 07:11
Or whatever it's called these days. A picture of the old house I grew up in has been on my PC for years. Suddenly ink black nothingness.

Tragedy :{

Asturias56
31st Oct 2020, 07:58
Touch wood I've never had any problems with W10 at all............ it's very stable on my kit..........................

BEagle
31st Oct 2020, 08:53
Loose rivets have you got the image saved somewhere?

If so, go to 'settings' and select 'personalisation', then browse to the picture and apply it as 'background'.

Loose rivets
1st Nov 2020, 22:58
Yes, I can even see the picture by closing my eyes.

I've got it put back, but I've seen numerous posts over the years talking about updates causing problems. Until this moment, for me, W10 has worked as it says on the box and I'm kind of unnerved by the blackness of the black screen. Every so often I've seen systems that go to one default Windows background or another but this not only took my picture but altered the usual brightness of the monitor an HPfw 24". However, that's not entirely new. Just now and then it would be too bright and a restart would bring the video back to how it was. Probably just the system talking to Nvidia, but odd. Just two or three times since W10, so no big deal. This time the Nvidia software had gone to being controlled from outside. I switched back to Let Nvida control settings etc., but had to reset gamma etc.

I just wondered if I was not alone with this update issue.