PDA

View Full Version : flight attendant movie

nickmelb
17th Aug 2002, 12:17
hey peoples

just thought you might want to look at this link! Gwyneth Paltrow will be starring in a movie about flight attendants...how funny due out in cinemas next year

http://www.miramax.com/viewfromthetop/index.html#

Katie
17th Aug 2002, 12:38
cool.

I first heard of this film a year ago!

cloud nine
17th Aug 2002, 12:50
I heard that this was due for release just after Sept 11. But it was put on hold as it would have been in bad taste to show it then.

No doubt it will be all about lipstick, nailpolish and a bit of pointing to the emergancy exits thrown in.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Somehow I can't imagine "Glamourous Gwenny" on minimum rest, fatigued, handling delays, stocking the galley, cleaning seat pockets or holding sick bags.

:eek: :eek: :eek:

nickmelb
17th Aug 2002, 12:55
hahaha@cloud 9.....well said!!!

cloud nine
17th Aug 2002, 13:14
Also....

Why is Gwenny doing the Saftey Demo with the flight deck door open? :D :D :D

manty
17th Aug 2002, 14:38
hey my fren told me abt it some time ago but she forgot the title of the movie!:)

Lozza2002
17th Aug 2002, 15:45
Hey cloud I believe it was mandatory for the flight deck door to be latched open for take offs and possibly landings prior to sept 11. I participated in an exchange program with America West some years ago and this was the case then. :) :) :)

A300Man
17th Aug 2002, 18:28
Nickmelb,

Is it true that you turned down the male lead role in the movie? Surely playing opposite Gwyneth would have made turbulence bearable?

LOL

nickmelb
18th Aug 2002, 06:20
A300man

hahah i think NOT!

A300Man
18th Aug 2002, 08:50
LOL. Why not man? She is a nice girl. Anyways, I understand that you have experience of in-flight service - QANTAS style - albeit on a coach somewhere???

You would need to do minimal training for the role.

Check out the latest posting on QR. Can you believe it????

Ciao.

one-ball
18th Aug 2002, 09:10
does she:
*call in sick regularly
*throw peanuts at the pax then pull the galley curtain and read magazines
*marry a pilot for his money
*stay in room on overnights and iron her allowances whilst eating 2min noodles

hehe... JOKES!!! Just jokes....

:D :)

Tiger
18th Aug 2002, 10:51
Does she get taken out by the pilots who say "Its only 10 minutes walk" only to find an hour later they still haven`t found that "Great little Bar I know"

Does she go out for a meal has a Green Salad and a Diet Coke (with Lemon??) only to find the Pilots have had 4 course meal avec Du Vin (x2) and with the finishing line "We will split the bill, thats $60 each"

:D

G.Khan
18th Aug 2002, 10:55
Or is she the kind of girl that, in the middle of a really great room party, pipes up, "When are we going to eat?", engenders support from a couple more and what could have been a really good night just dissolves?!!!:)

(Oh yes Tiger, where is this mystical young lady that only has a salad and diet coke? Is she the one that pigged-out in first class before landing? ;) ;)).

gravy
18th Aug 2002, 15:12
hey yeah, that EXACT thing happened to me just the other week...

I had already discharged some of my best one-liners and was showing real progress with a couple of promising young things who hadn't been in long enough to be bitter, twisted and all that... anyway, one of the boilers who somehow snuck in decided enough was enough.. she'd already eaten her muesli bars and drank the free p!ss and she decided to go back to her room to phone her cat and she dragged off the youngsters with her.

I had to go back down to the bar and start all over again on some stragglers. Yes... outrageous, but I assure you it is true.

No jumpseat for THAT old duck ever again...

aviatorgirl72
18th Aug 2002, 18:13
Well all I can say is that she does us hostey's justice and that we dont have to go around to all our friends and family, it isant like that, honest!!!

Somehow I dont think so!!!

I wonder if they'll be any pilots asking her back for a baileys irish coffee!!!!

And we'll know she's in trouble, when the standard one liner comes out, I'm married but unhappy, she doesn't understand me!!!

Although, I'm only on my third wife!!! Then we'll know its a BA pilot, because they're the only ones who can afford to keep giving out settlements!!!

This one should be interesting!!!:) ;) :)

sightboard run
18th Aug 2002, 21:26
sounds like someone has never had the invitation back upstairs for that Baileys Irish coffee...

Good advice, though, I have to say:
Have fun on overnights with them, by all means but never marry them!!!

Well said, ag72.