PDA

View Full Version : Funchal

Nigey
17th Aug 2002, 11:16
I am going to Madeira on Monday with Airtours and would love to see the Funchal approach and landing. Is this sort of experience totally out of the question since Sept 11th or are captains allowing flight deck visitors again??

Thanks in advance

Nige

Localiser Green
17th Aug 2002, 13:24
There is no Airtours anymore so you must be flying with "MyTravel Airways".

As far as I know under new DLTR regulations it is no longer permitted for non-flightcrew to enter the flightdeck in-flight, but if you ask nicely as you board they may well let you in for a few minutes before engine start, or after shutdown at the other end.

No harm in asking.

Neo
18th Aug 2002, 21:07
I doubt very much that persons other than operating crew will be permitted access to the flight deck of commercial air transport aircraft in flight ever again other than in exceptional circumstances. I suspect that these would entail prior written authorisation from the aircraft operator and a security check as a very minimum, so for Mr. Average Passenger - forget it!

That hasn't stopped people asking me on the occasional trip out to the loo, and my answer is normally short and to the point - NO!

Knold
19th Aug 2002, 16:41
Don't wan't to be a spoil sport but aren't all these questions ment to be under "Questions"?

Hardly a Aircrew notice...

Greenfinch
20th Aug 2002, 16:46
FNC is a pretty high-workload approach, especially if wx is not favourable. Don't know too many skippers that would appreciate an extra set of eyes scrutinising their performance going in there !