PDA

View Full Version : Are PPSC still as good as they were?

ChampagneSupernova
10th Mar 2001, 03:20
Any honest to goodness experiences with the School would be really appreciated in order to instill a wee bit more confidence.

------------------
Do you Believe??

eyeinthesky
10th Mar 2001, 04:06
I didn't attend any of their courses but did my ATPLS Navs and Techs with their correspondence course. I found them by far the best for me when compared with other ones I have seen. Rather than the 'monkey see, monkey do' or 'learn all the answers to all the questions' approach of some organisations, PPSC tries to teach you to understand the subject. OK so this means a bit more work, but it equips you far better than going into an exam hoping you will get questions you recognise. Of course it may not be to everyone's taste, but it worked for me. They do tend to take you beyond what you need to know to pass the exam, but that allows for you to have a brain fart on the day and still stand a good chance of passing.

By the way, I don't work for or have any connection with PPSC! ;)

------------------
"Take-off is optional, Landing is mandatory"

herniair
10th Mar 2001, 04:30
If you believe these PPRuNers, you'll believe anybody

ChampagneSupernova
10th Mar 2001, 18:08
Herniair

Why do you say that? Do you have an experience that may be of use to me you can share, or was that just a useless comment?

smallfry
10th Mar 2001, 18:26
I went to PPSC in 1999/2000. Good courses, hard work and first time passes in Nav's Tech's, Perf E and A. What else can I say?

Wee Weasley Welshman
10th Mar 2001, 23:07
I was a PPSC man myself via correspondence and they did my fine. However, having recently seen their JAA books and compared them to Bristols I preferred Bristols by a long chalk.

Good luck,

ChampagneSupernova
11th Mar 2001, 01:08
Do Bristol have residential full time courses? If they do it may well be worth giving them a call.

[This message has been edited by ChampagneSupernova (edited 10 March 2001).]

STORMER
11th Mar 2001, 18:40
I was in the most recent PPSC full time JAA course to sit the exams and most of our group walked out with either 6 or all 7 exams passed first time. I did feel like they were possibly over teaching you sometimes but then It was a system that got results. I have no other experience of other ground schools but like the rest of our group I am going back there for module 2. If its not broken dont fix it.

[This message has been edited by STORMER (edited 11 March 2001).]

ChampagneSupernova
12th Mar 2001, 08:14
Cheers.

------------------
Do you Believe??

RVR800
12th Mar 2001, 13:30
I found PPSC to be excellent

MAX
12th Mar 2001, 17:25
Studied correspondence with PPSC for the JAR ATPL. Rushed everything through in half the time recommended and passed 13 of 14 first attempt. 14th 2nd attempt. The 2 weeks of consolidation is where its at.

MAX http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/cool.gif

osito
25th Mar 2001, 19:33
I don't know PPSC as training office but I can tell you that I passed my Spanish ATPL thnaks to its text books and i know some very important internacional schools around Europe that are using their material.

helimutt
26th Mar 2001, 00:58
Used PPSC for techs and passed all first time in March 2001. Using Bristol notes for Navs as I think they are easier to understand. Just a personal point of view though.

Mike Oxbig
28th Mar 2001, 19:45
Bristol offer a 4 week residential course for the Navs. I found it very good and passed all 9 subjects first time. They don't teach Air Law, Human Performance or morse, but give you a book of sample questions for the first two and there is a computer programme for morse at the school. Don't know about PPSC, but found the teaching at Bristol very good. Call them on 0044 (0)1275 474701 or Email [email protected]. Good luck

CAT3C AUTOLAND
30th Mar 2001, 17:16
I have just finished a course with PPSC, and have no complaints, very professional and very thorough.

Thumbs up from me :)