PDA

View Full Version : Annual fee for DTO schools

Aesir
21st Oct 2020, 19:03
I have a question for you that are running DTO schools in Europe. Are you paying an annual fee for the DTO to the authority?

In Iceland we are invoiced a annual fee of €500.-

I hear in France, Swiss, Sweden there is no annual charge. Does anyone have any input. In my opinion a flat fee with no actual service provided is taxation and clearly not in line with EASA's GA roadmap to lower costs for private flying.

Whopity
21st Oct 2020, 20:46
In the UK the initial fee is £184 with an annual fee of £138 increasing annually at the rate of inflation. There is a fee of £184 for any variation in the declaration.

As each State funds its aviation activities in different ways, then the cost to the schools will vary from State to State. This is down to individual States and not something that EASA can influence.

TheOddOne
21st Oct 2020, 22:04
a flat fee with no actual service provided

Are you sure there is no costs to your Authority?

In the UK, we are subject to a periodic inspection or audit. The person from the UK CAA spent the entire day with us, including inspecting our facilities, going through our student training records, inspecting not only our aircraft documents but the aircraft itself to ensure it complied with regulation. Then there were interviews with our Safety Representative, Head of Training and our Accountable Manager. If none of that is going on in Iceland, I'd be surprised.
TOO

Aesir
21st Oct 2020, 22:21
You better believe that audits are also done in Iceland of course at an hourly fee on top of the annual fee. There are no freebies here.