PDA

View Full Version : FCL945 Privileges

hscoop
21st Oct 2020, 10:53
If you hold an FI rating do you automatically get the FCL945 endorsement if you were to get your license reissued?
I recently had my license reissued with a new rating added, I hold an FI rating but have not had FCL945 added. Anyone had the same experience or can shed some light.
Thanks

Duchess_Driver
22nd Oct 2020, 07:35
If we are talking U.K. then if you passed your FI AOC initial after the implementation of this rule some 5/6 years ago then the privilege would be added automatically. If you were an existing FI then you had to complete a form and send a fee to have it added.

In Ireland - and some other EASA states, you were “invited” to attend a course to ensure you understood your obligations before being granted the privilege.

Not sure what the current state of play is.

So, it depends on where/when. An email to your CA would clarify their stance but if that’s UK based then it could take a few “days” to get a response.

Mickey Kaye
22nd Oct 2020, 07:38
But not if you are a FI without CPL TK for some reason they don't get 945 privileges.

But CRI's without CPL TK.

​​​​​​

Whopity
22nd Oct 2020, 09:34
But not if you are a FI without CPL TK for some reason they don't get 945 privileges.
This only aplies to FIs who have the limitation "LAPL only" As there is no revalidation of a LAPL, there is no relevance to 945 privileges.
There are however a nunber of FIs who do not have CPL level knowledge with grandfather rights and full FI privileges so there is no reason why they should not have FCL.945 privileges added to their licence.

Whopity
22nd Oct 2020, 09:36
This only aplies to FIs who have the limitation "LAPL only" As there is no revalidation of a LAPL, there is no relevance to 945 privileges.
There are however a nunber of FIs who do not have CPL level knowledge but with grandfather rights and full FI privileges, so there is no reason why they should not have FCL.945 privileges added to their licence.

Tell the CAA they have not added the 945 and request they reissue you licence again. Check of course that the FI was current or it will have transferred to the back of the licence and no 945 would be added.

hscoop
22nd Oct 2020, 16:47
Thanks for the replies, I have a current UK EASA FI and have held it for 16 years. I understand that if I wanted the FCL945 Privileges I would have to pay a fee but was under the impression that if I were to get my license reissued I would have this added with no fee. Is this correct?
I have asked the CAA via email over a month ago with no response from them.

Whopity
23rd Oct 2020, 18:33
Correct, it should have been added with no charge on reissuing the certificate.

hscoop
23rd Oct 2020, 19:03
Thanks will get onto the CAA again

Kemble Pitts
27th Oct 2020, 09:20
Good luck...

hscoop
27th Oct 2020, 12:33
New licence arrived yesterday with FCL945 on:O But a current rating moved to the back :\
Another email another month

Whopity
27th Oct 2020, 18:20
If its any consolation I have been trying to get a registration back from NS&I; they are equally incompetent and it has taken 10 weeks of trying.