PDA

View Full Version : Emirates Flight Academy Is Inviting Me For Assessment

Ahmedanator
20th Oct 2020, 22:14
Emirates Flight Academy is inviting me for an assessment. Is it worth it? Are they really looking for cadets or will they run away with my money. The whole thing comes out to $2800 USD including flights hotel etc. Don't to miss an oppurtunity.
And don't want to be conned at the same time.

Also how do I prepare they said they are gonna test Maths and Physics. I never had Physics classes. I took Math 2 years ago in High School.
Are there tools to study for this test.

I'll also make a thread.
​​​​​​​

Ahmedanator
20th Oct 2020, 22:24
Is it an actual cadet programme. With employment at the end of the tunnel. Or just flight training??

SOPS
21st Oct 2020, 00:59
It is not a cadet programme. There is no job. Are you aware of what is going on at EK and the rest of the world?

Fired600
21st Oct 2020, 05:23
They are selling you a course, there is no job. It’s a very very expensive course as well. Your profile location is in the US, do it there it is much cheaper and the licence is more universally valuable.

Ahmedanator
21st Oct 2020, 05:34
Got it just didn't want to disregard the email. Without getting some info on it.

pfvspnf
21st Oct 2020, 07:46
you will become emirates pilot after you do this assessment and course, very good ideas for the young ones

Ahmedanator
21st Oct 2020, 07:48
That's strange one person say I will become a Emirates pilot at the end and another person something else entirely.

aeropix
21st Oct 2020, 08:34
That's because there is a "Cadet" program designed to take Emirati citizens who were specially selected through national exams and interviews, from ab-initio to B777 F/O over the course of a few years. These are the ONLY individuals who will have an EK pilot job at the end of their courses.

As for "external customers" they are offering ab-initio training "zero through ATP" and maybe will promise you something like "a guaranteed chance to be interviewed for a possible position at Emirates Airline". Just like all of these schemes worldwide that have some link to some airline you always have to watch for the "weasel words" like "chance" and "interview" and "possible", it is never a "guaranteed job" at the end of the (very expensive and highly inflated) course.

Take our advice, if you have the right to live and train in the USA put your money into that. Get FAA licenses which are many times more valuable than a GCAA license, and see what comes of that. That $2800 you are paying just to fly out here and get assessed, you can get a "Sport Pilot" license from an FBO in the USA and build a foundation there, get real flight experience for that $2800 and give yourself a head start.

Bokpiel
21st Oct 2020, 08:48
That's strange one person say I will become a Emirates pilot at the end and another person something else entirely.

Yeah but the person who said you "will become emirates pilot" sounds like he bought his licence through the Pakistani CAA. So maybe listen to the other guys.

DCS99
21st Oct 2020, 13:33
"I never had physics classes"

That's not a good start.

VThokie2
21st Oct 2020, 13:47

Because that person clearly has no idea what he’s talking about. Take it from us who have been with EK, if you have the right to train and work in the US as ur profile states you should in no way even consider this. Your opportunities are much greater and can be had for much less money (And stress) with US certifications and the right to work there! In the end you’ll spend less than a quarter of the cost, instruct for a year, go to a regional for a year or two then end up at a LCC, Cargo/ACMI or a legacy making about the same money and double the time off as you would with EK.

Ahmedanator
21st Oct 2020, 17:13
I thank you all for the replies. Will stay in USA. Probably be a career changer in my 30s.

Ahmedanator
21st Oct 2020, 17:23
Dude stop trolling.

bringbackthe80s
22nd Oct 2020, 01:49
VThokie2

Yes you can do all of this no problem, just make sure it’s 2019

Ahmedanator
22nd Oct 2020, 01:54
So true hehe

VThokie2
22nd Oct 2020, 02:06
You’re right his prospects are far brighter at EK with GCAA multi crew license (eye roll) ..... fact of the matter is the US domestic market (as well as the EU common market) will bounce back far faster than international travel... he/she is looking at a multi year timeframe not the industry at the moment.

VThokie2
22nd Oct 2020, 02:08
Ahmedanator, don’t discount this as trolling if you have yet to live and work there!

pfvspnf
22nd Oct 2020, 04:26
nigeria NCAA license and FAA and TC for me , getting the Kenyan license not easy

Field Required
22nd Oct 2020, 08:45
Ahmedanator, don’t discount this as trolling if you have yet to live and work there!

I'm guessing he hasn't got the foggiest...