View Full Version : Getting staff home for Christmas

blue up
20th Oct 2020, 12:38
Getting staff home for Christmas.

One of my family members works near RDU and has found there are fewer options this year for getting UK staff home for Christmas. With short supply, prices have risen. Would it be practical to hire a 737 for the journey and what might the cost be? LTN, BRS, CWL etc might be acceptable destinations. Has anyone tried this before? Between 30 and max 150 people.

20 years driving them but I never stopped to ask the cost.

Thanks.

Doctor Cruces
9th Nov 2020, 08:32
Google some ACMI providers and see what their prices are like could give you some info. Could get expensive bearing in mind that the cost will need to include transit from their current location to your pickup and then back to their base. You may get lucky if they are going from your job straight to another and they may charge the next customer for ferry.

Journey Man
9th Nov 2020, 09:06
You may get lucky if they are going from your job straight to another and they may charge the next customer for ferry.

Or charge both round trips and pocket the profit... :)

Paul Lupp
9th Nov 2020, 20:10
Boris may not allow them home for Christmas unless they are going to their own (currently empty?) homes. I suspect that it's going to be very difficult working out what flights may, or may not, be operating into the UK for Christmas this year. Could they try hitching a ride on a certain sleigh that will be making its way round the globe on 24th??