PDA

View Full Version : Old Folk Still Remember

CISAtSea
6th Oct 2020, 12:45
My little sister is CEO of a Cardiff-based chain of care homes. Her residents, all of a certain generation and requiring care themselves, still remember those that gave their lives or health for our freedom. They are creating a poppy ballgown (Can't post pictures yet!) and she wants to put together a display with Service uniforms to raise money for the British Legion. Does anyone in the Cardiff area have any uniform they can lend for the week?

Drop me a message if you can help.

charliegolf
6th Oct 2020, 13:16
My little sister is CEO of a Cardiff-based chain of care homes. Her residents, all of a certain generation and requiring care themselves, still remember those that gave their lives or health for our freedom. They are creating a poppy ballgown (Can't post pictures yet!) and she wants to put together a display with Service uniforms to raise money for the British Legion. Does anyone in the Cardiff area have any uniform they can lend for the week?

I'm down the road in lockdown, sadly, otherwise I would happily drive the 35 miles to loan a tunic. Sorry.

CG

CISAtSea
6th Oct 2020, 13:47
The sign of our times! Thanks anyway

Airborne Snowdrop
10th Oct 2020, 10:01

Good morning CISAtSea ,I read your post re your sister's fundraiser,and can offer you an item which may help to raise funds.

It's a poem I composed a while ago called,"The Veteran". It has been used on Remembrance Sunday at functions worldwide,with much approval !!
You can download and print it and if you can sell copies which can be framed,you may make a few bob for the cause!!
Whaddya think???
VBW !!😉😉

Tocsin
10th Oct 2020, 16:40

You could try the local RAuxAF Squadron - https://www.raf.mod.uk/our-organisation/squadrons/614-r-squadron/