PDA

View Full Version : Free HEMS ebook

Declan275
4th Oct 2020, 06:08
Hello all,

The Irish Air Corps recently transported the 3000th patient on its joint civil/mil HEMS service. To celebrate that milestone I’m giving away free ebook versions of my book Medevac : Flying The Irish Air Corps HEMS Mission for the next few days.

If you fancy a read for your Sunday, it’s at the link below. If you enjoy it feel free to leave a review.

best regards

Dec

Medevac: Flying the Irish Air Corps HEMS Mission https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/1671808177/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_lywEFb3V803WP

ACW599
5th Oct 2020, 09:14
What a lovely book -- I couldn't put it down. Highly recommended, and thank you very much for making it available.

aa777888
5th Oct 2020, 10:22
Sort of free: you have to pay to be a Kindle Unlimited member.

Declan275
5th Oct 2020, 10:39
Sort of free: you have to pay to be a Kindle Unlimited member.

Hi - for anyone who isn’t a Kindle unlimited member it should still show up as a ‘sale’ price of zero. Basically, the site allows you to reduce it to zero for a max of five days, I put them altogether in a bunch.

If you’re already a Kindle unlimited member, I had it set up as part of that earlier on. Should be another day or two on the offer if you wanted to download it from a different account maybe? Not sure how else to help from there I’m afraid!

seer557
5th Oct 2020, 11:40
Got it. Many thanks. I look forward to reading it.

Donation on way to local HEMS?

Seer

Declan275
5th Oct 2020, 11:54
The local HEMS is state funded! The service is run by the Air Corps and the National Ambulance Service as a joint Civil / Mil effort.

Jhieminga
5th Oct 2020, 12:35
Hi - for anyone who isn’t a Kindle unlimited member it should still show up as a ‘sale’ price of zero.
Correct, I do not have Kindle Unlimited but I was able to 'buy now' for £0.00. Will have a read soon!

seer557
5th Oct 2020, 12:59
The local HEMS is state funded! The service is run by the Air Corps and the National Ambulance Service as a joint Civil / Mil effort.
HEMS local to me is Essex & Herts Air Ambulance Trust which is a charity so donation will go there.

Seer

Declan275
5th Oct 2020, 13:09
HEMS local to me is Essex & Herts Air Ambulance Trust which is a charity so donation will go there.

Seer

That’s a great idea, fair play👍

aa777888
5th Oct 2020, 14:58
I have redoubled my efforts, and discovered the problem is that the link given was an Amazon UK link that was not being processed properly for me in the US. I searched on the title starting at an Amazon US URL and it came right up at $0.00.

Thank you for making this available!!! :)

berlioz
5th Oct 2020, 15:09
Maybe i´m too late

£17.93

+ £5.80 delivery

Not free anymore

Declan275
5th Oct 2020, 15:14
Maybe i´m too late

£17.93

+ £5.80 delivery

Not free anymore

That sounds like the paperback version, the free ebooks should run up until midnight tonight.

5711N0205W
5th Oct 2020, 19:03
Managed to get it (look for the very small print under the unlimited bit and it will say buy now for 0.00) many thanks.

Declan275
6th Oct 2020, 15:24
Hi everyone,

The book offer runs out at midnight tonight but I just wanted to say thanks now to everyone that picked one up. It worked out at 248 given away ( and two sold ) over the last few days. Hope you all enjoy the read👍

alicopter
6th Oct 2020, 19:40
Hi Declan. Just bought the E version of your book. Big big value for such a small ammount. Thank you. It is bringing back so many happy memories of when I lived in your country, many years ago!!! Ireland is the best country in the whole world for quality of life and the warmth of its People!!!... ( I've sailed, lived and worked in quite a lot of places in Europe...) There and then, I spent many hours in front of a blank page trying to be an "author", but there were far too much fun to be had for wasting time in front of a typewriter and I spent a year criss-crossing the island, coast to coast, so all these places in your book have a fond memory attached... Just had a mental whiff of my soaked pure wool Aran sweater which I kept for many years and of kerozene making my nose and throat tickle. Thank you and respect for your activities as an HEMS pilot. Al.

Declan275
7th Oct 2020, 06:23
Hi Declan. Just bought the E version of your book. Big big value for such a small ammount. Thank you. It is bringing back so many happy memories of when I lived in your country, many years ago!!! Ireland is the best country in the whole world for quality of life and the warmth of its People!!!... ( I've sailed, lived and worked in quite a lot of places in Europe...) There and then, I spent many hours in front of a blank page trying to be an "author", but there were far too much fun to be had for wasting time in front of a typewriter and I spent a year criss-crossing the island, coast to coast, so all these places in your book have a fond memory attached... Just had a mental whiff of my soaked pure wool Aran sweater which I kept for many years and of kerozene making my nose and throat tickle. Thank you and respect for your activities as an HEMS pilot. Al.

Glad you enjoyed the place and I fully agree that there’s a lot to see that stops you sitting down to write anything, especially along the west coast.

Declan275
18th Jul 2021, 19:23
Someone out there has recently read the 500th copy of Medevac, so thanks very much to anyone here who helped make up that number👍

Medevac: Flying the Irish Air Corps HEMS Mission https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/1671808177/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_G12QQRJYFT8AKSMMW6XE

torqueshow
19th Jul 2021, 17:00

Is there not also a charity air ambulance in Ireland now?

Declan275
19th Jul 2021, 17:26
There is indeed a charity run A109 based in Cork now, but at the time I wrote the book it hadn’t begun operational flying. Initially at least, I’m not sure about now, there was some swapping of advanced paramedics between services.