PDA

View Full Version : Switching from Integrated course (in germay) to Modular (in the UK)?

Johnboy92
3rd Oct 2020, 09:07
Hello all,

Apologies if this topic has already been talked about or it is in the worng place, new to forums!

I am on an integrated course at the European Flight academy (under the umbrella of lufthansa) and they are giving us the oppoortunity to get out of their training contracts. I would like to come home and continue modular. I have about 64 SEP hours currently and all theory exams completed. I read in another thread that if you switch between integrated and modular then there is no credits for the hours you have done?? is that correct? seems crazy...

And how would I make that switch, would I need a SOLI to transfer records to UK CAA? get them to verify my theory from german CAA? Im clueless and struggling to find the right information.

I'd love to speak to the CAA directly about this but seems it takes them 5 weeks to respond to emails and this is fairly urgent.

Any advice anyone could offer would be greatly appreciated!

Banana Joe
3rd Oct 2020, 10:25
Maybe you can keep the hours in your logbook and count them, but you need to take the 9 PPL exams and do the practical part. Probably the regulations allow for shortened training.

rudestuff
3rd Oct 2020, 11:11
You have 64 hours, they can't take those away from you. Whether or not they 'count' towards a PPL is irrelevant as you need another 136 hours for CPL anyway. And you've passed the ATPL exams: they are downwards creditable for a PPL so you don't need to do the PPL exams. What you'll need to do to get a PPL is between your and an ATO, but if I were you I'd book a 2 week package holiday in Orlando and get myself an FAA Private certificate - Covid permitting. The FAA will recognise all previous hours. Then you can add an IR and convert it to EASA for next to nothing.