PDA

View Full Version : AV Gas Near Donegal Town

Roughrotor
3rd Oct 2020, 08:34
Hi just wondering if anyone knew anywhere near Donegal Town that I could get AV Gas. Obviously Donegal or Sligo but wondered if there were any private airfields? Also if I'm flying from Northern Ireland can I claim back fuel duty if in Ireland? Thanks in anticipation.

Lude-og
4th Oct 2020, 03:54
I don't think Carrickfinn has Avgas anymore, just JetA1. Their website doesn't mention Avgas.

Sligo do have Avgas though, their website confirms but I would call and check of course.

If you do go to Sligo and get filled up and your destination is in Northern Ireland you should be able to get fuel excise duty free, at least that's the way it used to be. The staff at Sligo will be able to confirm.

Donegal town to Sligo or even to Eniskillen for fuel would be a short reposition to fuel up and would probably be handier and cheaper than trying to arrange remote fuel.

No other strips that I know of in the vicinity with fuel, but someone else may have more recent and up to date info.

md 600 driver
4th Oct 2020, 07:00
It maybe better to change the title to AVGAS near Donegal as AV gas doesn’t look right. I only looked as I wondered what was meant by AV gas

Declan275
4th Oct 2020, 07:10
Letterkenny might have some but that can be a bit of a trek up from Donegal town.