PDA

View Full Version : Max engine Storage Time

bertrandlaplace
30th Sep 2020, 13:36
Hello gentlemen,
I'm looking at the engine storage and I can't find any information about the maximum storage time at GE engine.
A periodic check of the humidity indicators and that's it. It's impressive!
Based on your experience would you have knowledge of a maximum storage time?
Thank you for your help!
Bertrand

finalchecksplease
30th Sep 2020, 16:10
Contact the engine manufacturer rather than going on the replies that you will get on here.
Not saying somebody on here doesn't have the correct information but it could be very expensive if you end up getting wrong information!

ericferret
30th Sep 2020, 19:04
The specific engine maintenance manual usually contains full storage information.

Phil Kemp
30th Sep 2020, 21:53
Storage requirements may vary depending upon whether the engine is installed, canned, time continued, or zero TSN or TSO. Additionally, there may be Calendar based Overhaul, Light Overhaul, or Intermediate maintenance requirements. Feel free to send me a message or e-mail me at [email protected].

bertrandlaplace
2nd Oct 2020, 14:19
Thank you gentlemen for your answers and cautions.
I am aware that the subject is sensitive. I did not mislead you either.
I'm looking for, as part of an assignment I've been given, to write a set of rules around the practice of engine storage.
Having no experience on GE products I wanted to know where to find the storage limit information. I only find in the engine documentation a limit of 180 days without any additional information.
Knowing that there are experienced people on the forum I tried to simplify my task but you are right the OEM is the best placed to provide the information.