PDA

View Full Version : VA social media department insulting staff

one dollar short
25th Sep 2020, 05:56
This afternoons social media post. For those of you who don’t know that’s an ATR cockpit and ATR pilots are being made redundant this weekend.
https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/750x1334/476f17d3_7c15_4c2c_a448_5155cb01b37f_8e0e3353f5e5c2de20b5df8 f446c50a6ba0d8457.jpeg

morno
25th Sep 2020, 06:46
It’s been removed

Lookleft
25th Sep 2020, 07:15
Maybe they meant that it was a nice way to spend a Friday afternoon when you are a plane spotter and the redundant pilots are not getting in the way of a good photo. I feel sorry for those who are still employed by them.

MelbourneFlyer
25th Sep 2020, 07:23
Probably just an honest mistake, the social media people probably don't know much about aircraft!

Stickshift3000
25th Sep 2020, 07:58
I find it a bit odd anyway that they’re essentially marketing being a VA pilot as an alluring job - timing off?!

sagan
25th Sep 2020, 08:35
I have nothing to do with Virgin and this has made me angry.

Australia2
25th Sep 2020, 08:49
What a bunch of amateur clowns.

dr dre
25th Sep 2020, 09:10
Yes they stuffed up, I’m sure it wasn’t intentional. They also removed it straight away when it came to their attention the post was inappropriate, so is there any reason to continue to be offended?

Section28- BE
25th Sep 2020, 09:40
Probably just an honest mistake, the social media people probably don't know much about aircraft!

Ta- BNEA320, well 'spotted'!!!!!

rgds/be Well
S28- BE

Buster Hyman
25th Sep 2020, 11:16
...so is there any reason to continue to be offended?
No, not really. It is a sad indictment on those that purport to be the "social media" face of the company though. They have generally aligned themselves with HR, Comms, and Accounting in the aviation ineptitude skill set though.

Switchbait
25th Sep 2020, 15:34
It’s good to see the standard of Village Idiot has been maintained, even though the location has changed....

airdualbleedfault
28th Sep 2020, 05:42
Switchbait, that's some funny 5hit right there, well done sir :}

PPRuNeUser0198
28th Sep 2020, 08:23
Social media people are usually young people (at least from what I have seen in my different companies) They're entry-level jobs. They probably have no idea of what is occurring this week. Or the ability to use a considered or empathetic approach or even a connection in the material. No malice intended.

didrechambers77
28th Sep 2020, 08:47
Another one of DK's prodigies who kicked a stink when they attempted to stand down... 'but who will monitor the social media'....

Meanwhile, have you seen the track history of their posts? For the untrained eye, you'd think Virgin Blue was back again with their recurring themed VB content..... what ever happened with effective change management and corporate comms styles?

galdian
29th Sep 2020, 00:09
It’s good to see the standard of Village Idiot has been maintained, even though the location has changed....

Gives you a warm and fuzzy feeling regards the prospects for the new, you beaut V3.0....not.

megan
29th Sep 2020, 02:03
Fellow aviator applied for an American Express card, who then called our employer to enquire as to his employment status. Don't know who they talked to but the answer they got was "we don't employ aircrew", this being a major GA company, problem was head office was on Southbank, 230km from the coal face. He did get his card after AE called the crewroom.

unobtanium
1st Oct 2020, 09:56
You boomers do realise social media posts are usually scheduled months in advance? And I assume most of the social media marketing department is stood down anyway.

Climb150
1st Oct 2020, 10:38
You boomers do realise social media posts are usually scheduled months in advance? And I assume most of the social media marketing department is stood down anyway.
How was it removed so quickly if the whole Social Media dept is non existent now? I doubt that was booked months in advance considering it's an insta post not an advertisement. Maybe you should read all the posts first before commenting? Oh sorry that's right millennials can only concentrate for 10 seconds at a time before they start getting bored.

Boe787
1st Oct 2020, 10:59
One easy way to not have to deal with this rubbish.....don’t use facebook ot twitter

WipperSnapper
1st Oct 2020, 11:50
How was it removed so quickly if the whole Social Media dept is non existent now? I doubt that was booked months in advance considering it's an insta post not an advertisement. Maybe you should read all the posts first before commenting? Oh sorry that's right millennials can only concentrate for 10 seconds at a time before they start getting bored.
I've been following this thread but wow, you guys have no idea how social media is managed inside a business at all!

Staff in the social media department will normally be paid for a normal 9-5 Monday to Friday work week. However they are expected to be connected, monitor and respond 24/7. If a customer conplains on Google, Facebook, Twitter, instagram, whatever at 5:01pm on a Friday and that goes unanswered until 9am Monday, it reflects terribly on the company.

They will also generally be built with a mix of internal staff and external agencies.

Instagram doesn't have the function to plan and post in advance, but there are a myriad of social media tools that allow the teams to monitor multiple different accounts and platforms and post to one, multiple or all in advance. Do you seriously think these people make a post in the 5 minutes before it's sent?

Climb150
1st Oct 2020, 19:59
I've been following this thread but wow, you guys have no idea how social media is managed inside a business at all!

Staff in the social media department will normally be paid for a normal 9-5 Monday to Friday work week. However they are expected to be connected, monitor and respond 24/7. If a customer conplains on Google, Facebook, Twitter, instagram, whatever at 5:01pm on a Friday and that goes unanswered until 9am Monday, it reflects terribly on the company.

They will also generally be built with a mix of internal staff and external agencies.

Instagram doesn't have the function to plan and post in advance, but there are a myriad of social media tools that allow the teams to monitor multiple different accounts and platforms and post to one, multiple or all in advance. Do you seriously think these people make a post in the 5 minutes before it's sent?
Thanks for pointing out that 99% of social media presence by companies is just to deal with complaints.
Proof that when nobody is complaining, nobody takes any notice of them.