PDA

View Full Version : Cross Border Flights

dartman2
22nd Sep 2020, 01:10
Given that the SA/VIC border is currently closed can anybody explain the legality of flights going from VIC into SA for training?

Whilst the risk is very low, it is very low for all sorts of other people that would like to cross the border. The bottom line is there is no need to do it so why are they allowed to do it?

Cloudee
22nd Sep 2020, 01:23
Given that the SA/VIC border is currently closed can anybody explain the legality of flights going from VIC into SA for training?

Whilst the risk is very low, it is very low for all sorts of other people that would like to cross the border. The bottom line is there is no need to do it so why are they allowed to do it?
If you're talking about the flights from Mildura to Renmark and Loxton, it appears they are just doing touch and go landings and not stopping and getting out. I would expect they have checked the legality of this and have permission. It's all visible on FR 24.

dartman2
22nd Sep 2020, 06:22
That was the example I was looking at. Even if legal (who knows if it is) it is a bad look if they go u/s across the border particularly when there are actually airfields in VIC...

Strainer
23rd Sep 2020, 10:28
As long as you physically don’t step outside the environs of the airport (if you fly in), you are deemed not to have entered SA. It’s been on the SA Health website for quite a while now.

Stickshift3000
23rd Sep 2020, 10:51
That was the example I was looking at. Even if legal (who knows if it is) it is a bad look if they go u/s across the border particularly when there are actually airfields in VIC...

It doesn't breach any compliance requirements.

TCAS v2
23rd Sep 2020, 12:34
Here is the exact wording:

10-Exemption for certain arrivals
(1) A person arriving in South Australia on any aircraft or vessel is taken not to arrive in
South Australia for the purposes of this direction if-
(a) in the case of an arrival on an aircraft-the person does not leave the airport
in South Australia;

aroa
24th Sep 2020, 02:41
surprisingly they havent copied from CAsA's book....thankfully
ie start. A pilot and/or aircarft passenger commits an offence if.....
ending.... this is an offence of strict liabilty etc 15,000 penalty points or life in jail.

aroa
24th Sep 2020, 02:45
And any CAsA one would run to a dozen pages or more, covering evry eventaulity known to man, and a few of their own. The above SA example is way toooo simple !

Vag277
24th Sep 2020, 05:44
AROA
I suggest you look at the actual legislation for SA, particularly Part 5. https://www.legislation.sa.gov.au/LZ/C/A/EMERGENCY%20MANAGEMENT%20ACT%202004/CURRENT/2004.30.AUTH.PDF