PDA

View Full Version : EK now offering 1-6 months Unpaid Leave🤦‍♂️

GH66
13th Sep 2020, 17:54
WTF? Thought they just bragged reinstating 100 percent basic pay effective 01 October??? The typical EK smoke and mirrors EK style!

felixthecat
13th Sep 2020, 18:10
It is 100% pay, unless it isn’t..... you know the way it works here. ;(

I love twins
13th Sep 2020, 18:41
The communication is company wide and offers the possibility of unpaid leave for 1 - 6 months. The communication says it is primarily for non-operational roles.
It is unlikely to be available for 777 pilots although there may be a possibility for 380 pilots. I would imagine fleet will clarify shortly.

If you do not require unpaid leave then do not apply.

atakacs
13th Sep 2020, 19:17
Well I guess it could be be advantageous for some... and the company of course !

WhatShortage
13th Sep 2020, 21:09
GH66

So you're complaining about giving the opportunity of an unpaid leave instead of kicking your a** and giving you 1 week to get out of the country, smart to say the least.

EchoKilla
13th Sep 2020, 22:37
with EK there is little to no guarantee you will have your job either. So it could be a gamble where they come back to no job. Again this is for non operational staff which we know how many they have that are simply twiddling their thumbs with barely any work........

GH66
13th Sep 2020, 23:54
WhatShortage

Complaining about giving the “opportunity”.... Mate you think this a complaint? And you think this is an opportunity? Where is your head? I don’t even want to suggest!

EchoKilla
14th Sep 2020, 04:01
hahahah love that “opportunity” well said GH66 - trolls will be trolls

NotPC
26th Sep 2020, 10:54
Shouldn't this have been the first thing put on the table when covid kicked off, to all staff !!
How many people will be in a financial position to accept unpaid leave, having just endured a 50% paycut for 6 months?

VThokie2
27th Sep 2020, 04:57
EXACTLY! Here in the US most carriers have been offering a combination of long term leaves of absences, month to month or multiple months rosters with 50 hrs of credit to go screw off (no duties for said month) with full benefits as well as early retirements with a certain reduced cash benefit per month until normal retirement age........for sure that would’ve been a better starting point for EK.

Emma Royds
27th Sep 2020, 11:01
The six month period of half salary that commenced in April, equates to three months unpaid leave. I suspect there would be hardly any takers for three months unpaid leave if it was offered in April, if back then leaving your home proved to be a mission, never mind leaving the country!

HVYMETAL
19th Oct 2020, 23:28
Dubai used to be my second home til COVID hit. What is the latest and greatest at EK? I'm not looking to apply, but am curious about the changes as I haven't been there since early April. What percentage of routes has EK brought back? I'd imagine they will open up a lot more after Jan 1? Most of the articles regarding the percentage reduction in flying date back to March. I always enjoyed my DXB and DWC layovers.

euroxx
20th Oct 2020, 09:48
the situation is that they’re increasing destinations and further diluting load factor. Flights are generally operating at around 20% load factor, some even less such as zrh, muc, lys, lca and Australian sectors. Some a bit more such as lhr. Recruitment is a long way off, if anything they are still looking to chop more jobs. The 380 is history no matter how they try and avoid saying this to the media

HVYMETAL
20th Oct 2020, 10:54
Ah gotcha sorry to hear, I fly for an ACMI and word is we are getting more than a few A380 qualified guys/girls.

pilotguy1222
28th Oct 2020, 20:18
Recruitment is a long way off, if anything they are still looking to chop more jobs. The 380 is history no matter how they try and avoid saying this to the media

They just had a 4th round of pilot firings on October 6th, so they are kinda of saying it internally, since most of the flight crew gone are from the 380.

I know a lot of people who would have been happy to takes 6+ months of UPL back in April.