PDA

View Full Version : The Australian Pilot Training Alliance (APTA)

polair911
12th Sep 2020, 08:24
Hi all,

Haven't posted on PPRUNE for a while, been out of the industry and recently came back for some part-time gigs.

Does anyone know who / what The Australian Pilot Training Alliance (APTA) is up to?? Had a brief look at their site, very basic but they are trading as Vortex Air? On AFAP, it seems like they are opening a new base in Bankstown?

Any further info would be appreciated.

Squawk7700
12th Sep 2020, 09:19
https://www.pprune.org/australia-new-zealand-pacific/620219-glen-buckley-australian-small-business-v-casa.html

djpil
12th Sep 2020, 10:23
APTA is operating from the building previously used by Melbourne Flight Training at Moorabbin Airport with some familiar names on staff and a new sign out the front: Melbourne Flying Club.

polair911
14th Sep 2020, 00:14
Seems like they are having a case with CASA??

Does anyone know what their intentions are at YSBK? It seems odd to have new base starting during this difficult time.

glenb
14th Sep 2020, 08:38
Hi Polair, its the previous owner of APTA here. In October 2018, CASA changed their mind and placed restrictions on my business, that ultimately lead to its demise. I sold the business over 12 months ago, and its obviously under new ownership. Its now a single flying school as opposed to the previous "consortium".

I'm personally out of aviation now, and taking legal action against CASA. The new owners of APTA have nothing to do with my legal case.

Hope that somewhat clears up a very complicated topic which is on the other forum.

Cheers. Glen