PDA

View Full Version : TLC Helilift

feathering tickles
11th Sep 2020, 08:58
I’m trying to communicate with TLC on a technical matter. The phone hasn’t been answered for 2 days nor emails returned- anyone know anything please or perhaps have a direct contact for Tony?

feathering tickles
23rd Sep 2020, 06:00
To the person who volunteered assistance in a private message,

Thanks, I’ve tried to reply to you but your Inbox is full, the system says you need to delete some messages to allow mine in.

Brilliant Stuff
9th Oct 2020, 12:58
We are also unable to contact TLC, any news on this?

feathering tickles
9th Oct 2020, 13:26
Not good news unfortunately;

https://www.thegazette.co.uk/notice/3630626

John R81
9th Oct 2020, 15:03
If you think they owe you money, contact the Liquidator without delay. As this is a Voluntary winding-up, the company has paid all of its creditors before being struck-off the register.

PANews
9th Oct 2020, 20:02
TLC have been struggling for a long time. The product has been available for two decades now and was set at a keen price point that competitors did not care to match. Unfortunately the machines were well made, robust and had a tendency to be forgiving of maintenance . They also only catered for skid equipped machines – the design for wheeled helicopters and fixed wing just never made it to market. In their heyday, the 1990s, skids were in but increasingly wheeled helicopters have grabbed a significant hold on the market.

All of the skid equipped emergency services helicopter operators and MROs in the UK have their robust and long living Heli-Lifts - and probably a spare in store.

Even TLC had its own cache of spare Heli-Lifts, they were ones that NPAS had no further call for as they massively downsized their bases. I am told that they were there at no charge and, if true, that was a commercial mistake. Every little helps.

So NPAS may have to find some space in a hangar near Doncaster....

A great pity, Tony was one of the best and its sad it came to this.

MightyGem
9th Oct 2020, 21:03
That's a shame. They made good kit.

tigerfish
9th Oct 2020, 23:37
That is really sad. TLC were undoubtedly the very best Heli - lifters and spotters that ever existed. Tony Hancock was inspirational as the designer. I am far too old and wrinkly now to have any influence on the future, but I doff my cap my cap to a great engineer and and a great company!
I guess that it was the trend towards downsizing in the Police market, combined with the increased number of Helicopters using retractable U/Cs rather than Skids.

TF

md 600 driver
10th Oct 2020, 16:43
That’s a shame they are a very good machine anyone know of any used ones for sale ?

tigerfish
10th Oct 2020, 19:24
I am sure that the receivers will be glad to assist!

TF

md 600 driver
10th Oct 2020, 19:30
I am sure that the receivers will be glad to assist!

TF
are there receivers for the company
Or has all that finished

Bravo73
11th Oct 2020, 08:23
are there receivers for the company
Or has all that finished

Read the link above. There are contact details for the liquidators.

md 600 driver
11th Oct 2020, 09:45
Read the link above. There are contact details for the liquidators.
silly me I should have RTFQ
thanks steve

G-ARZG
11th Oct 2020, 10:24
That’s a shame they are a very good machine anyone know of any used ones for sale ?

I will send you PM re used units

G-ARZG
11th Oct 2020, 10:30
I will send you PM re used units

You have PM

Brilliant Stuff
12th Oct 2020, 12:27
That is indeed very sad news, their kit is indeed fab and built strongly. Also if you needed it modified so that your skidded helicopter would fit on it due to special kit fitted to it they did do that and it worked very well. Great loss to the industry, IMHO.

Helifella2k20
21st Oct 2020, 08:15
TLC Handling LTD has re-launched as TLC Handling International LTD!!

just seems to be a debt clearance exercise!!!

Thomas Kube
17th Dec 2021, 12:05
Hi, our Helilift broke down with CRC error and blown 100A fuse. I tried to contact TLC but no email-response nor any phone contact. Did any get in touch with them since the last post?

Thanks,
Thomas

B47G3B1

Helifella2k20
17th Dec 2021, 12:40
Hi, our Helilift broke down with CRC error and blown 100A fuse. I tried to contact TLC but no email-response nor any phone contact. Did any get in touch with them since the last post?

Thanks,
Thomas

B47G3B1

Thomas send me a private message

Helifella2k20
17th Dec 2021, 13:28
Hi Thomas,

Contact me at [email protected] and I will help you.

Kind regards

Helifella2k20
17th Dec 2021, 14:03
If anyone is in need of any technical support, parts or there TLC Helilift servicing please contact me at [email protected]

PANews
17th Dec 2021, 16:17
Only rumour from a good source I am afraid.

I understand they are restarting under the management of Tony's daughter, Karen Papa, any time now, probably at the same premises I have not traced anything yet. TLC Handling International Ltd may be a start.

Helifella2k20
17th Dec 2021, 16:26
They did start TLC Handling International but sold it on, the new owners are not interested in the Helilift, Tony and Karen are no longer involved or interested.

The premises has been sold on and a new engineering company is now working from there