PDA

View Full Version : EASA ATPL Training Videos (You Tube)

marcs001
11th Sep 2020, 08:27
Hi guys, I'm a bit in shock right now. I've been studying for my atpl exams quite a while now using the EASA ATPL Training Videos on their official YouTube account until they've been deleted today.
I loved the videos, they were very professional and helpful.
Does anyone know something about it (or even what I'm talking about) or has any suggestions where I can get them elsewhere? Could they even come back? I don't know how long they'd been on YouTube but I discovered them beginning of 2020.

Thank you!

tsvpilot
13th Sep 2020, 22:44
No such thing as official EASA atpl training videos. These videos are virtually always ripped off from certain ATO's in-house training materials. And time to time copyright infringement claim is filed against the channel(s) that uploads them hoping to earn a few euros from the ads.

Spid
25th Sep 2020, 15:57
I was gonna post the same question. I was following the channel Aviation Training Network (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1hofi8HECjJAIf-IZ3E-Pw) and some time ago they erased all their content. They had all subjects with good explanations.

My theory is that they realized that the short term future of ATPL courses is gonna be online (I'm currently following clases online since may), so they understood the potential of having a digital adapted ATPL course. Probably they will start to sell that content to flight schools. If you think about it its crazy that those channels had all that content for free.

PD: This being said, if I find a similar video course I'd share it here.

Banana Joe
25th Sep 2020, 17:13
That was CAE Oxford's content and it was pirated. It's available from CAE.

African_TrouserSnake
25th Sep 2020, 19:52
My theory is that they realized that the short term future of ATPL courses is gonna be online (I'm currently following clases online since may), so they understood the potential of having a digital adapted ATPL course. Probably they will start to sell that content to flight schools. If you think about it its crazy that those channels had all that content for free..

Lol, the wannabe forum in a nutshell; theories based on thin air.:O The ones claiming a speedy recovery of the industry and thus validating the choice of going integrated atm are amongst the most entertaining ones.

All kidding aside, the videos were ripped and CAE probably threathened to shaft them.

Bahotkz
1st Nov 2020, 10:08
Hi,

Did you find a solution for this?
I sent an e-mail to CAE how to have an access to videos, waiting for their reply,
Hope you are further away from this point :)